LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic & Other Firearms (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Nambu Patch/T-Shirt??? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=34390)

sheepherder 05-31-2015 12:28 PM

Nambu Patch/T-Shirt???

1 Attachment(s)
In the Forum Patches thread, Zorba suggested that a Nambu patch would be cool...I agree... :)

But why stop there??? Here are some alternate patches... :D

Sergio Natali 05-31-2015 01:05 PM

"Nambu" gun patches...?

hmm I'm not sure, what about a "1911 and Luger" patch then, it could be called : the old enemies.

Sergio

Ron Wood 05-31-2015 01:12 PM

I would buy a Borchardt and 1900 Luger patch in a heartbeat. Put me down for a dozen.

kzullick 05-31-2015 01:13 PM

I say no, it it ain't broke don't fix it, besides it's primarily a Luger forum not a Nambu forum or a C96 forum or other firearms and although there are threads to such I don't believe any should be into competition with the Luger

sheepherder 05-31-2015 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Wood (Post 272247)
I would buy a Borchardt and 1900 Luger patch in a heartbeat. Put me down for a dozen.

The longer pistols lose too much detail in an equilateral patch... :(

A long oval patch would be ideal... :)

(Oh, well...Just something to kill time on a rainy day)... :D

sheepherder 05-31-2015 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did the P38/P1 patch in post #1 'just cuz' I had one of each handy, but the guys at the P38 Forum did have a run of their own patches made, described here -

http://p38forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23205

And looked like this [pic below]...Kind of WW II nose-art style... :D

I don't know if they had any left from that Louisville show... :(

Zorba 05-31-2015 09:43 PM

I want a Nambu patch - and put me down for a Borchardt patch as well. That's about the closest I'll ever get to owning a Borchardt! :rockon:

nukem556 05-31-2015 09:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, you can always get Red Dead Redemption for your Xbox, and shoot bad guys with one all day long! ;)

Curss 05-31-2015 10:47 PM

Good game, and I have done JUST that!

nukem556 05-31-2015 11:35 PM

Its not a just a good game, it's the BEST thing ever put on a video game console....rather embarrassed at my age to admit to playing them, but it carries you off to the West of early 1900s America with a great story, fully developed characters, and amazingly beautiful scenery. If you never played a video game, borrow a console from a kid, and buy the game used for 15 bucks, and be prepared to put all your spare time aside for a week or so!

John Sabato 06-01-2015 08:55 AM

A Nambu Patch? :eek: :banghead: What a waste of an artist's time and embroidery work! :D

The only thing a Nambu is good for is to make sure the smelting furnace has reached working temperature!

nukem556 06-01-2015 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sigh....I knew it was just a matter of time before John showed up, hatin on the 'Bu.:nono:

John Sabato 06-01-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukem556 (Post 272308)
Sigh....I knew it was just a matter of time before John showed up, hatin on the 'Bu.:nono:

:D even your playschool friend depicted above knew better than to carry a Nambu handgun... That is a LUGER in his left hand...

you folks go ahead and have some fun discussin' your Luger wannabee pistol... that was designed WAY back before "Made in Japan" meant any kind of quality...

:cheers: I am just having some "moderator" fun with you.

kurusu 06-01-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Sabato (Post 272309)
:D even your playschool friend depicted above knew better than to carry a Nambu handgun... That is a LUGER in his left hand...

you folks go ahead and have some fun discussin' your Luger wannabee pistol... that was designed WAY back before "Made in Japan" meant any kind of quality...

:cheers: I am just having some "moderator" fun with you.

Nope. That is a Nambu. take a better look John.

John Sabato 06-01-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurusu (Post 272310)

Sure enough... when magnified you can see it is a waste of plastic... :bigbye:

kurusu 06-01-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john sabato (Post 272314)
sure enough... When magnified you can see it is a waste of plastic... :bigbye:

What can I say. :D

Curss 06-01-2015 12:38 PM

I believe the same people who make that lego copy Nambu also make a Luger lego piece! :D

Perhaps Sheepherder is in to something, an alternate patch with.....say......two crossed artillery Lugers on it? With the Erfurt crown just below them or in between them? :D

sheepherder 06-01-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurusu (Post 272310)

Sure is. :)

The SMG the Lego Special Landing Forces soldier is holding looks like a 1920 Bergman (used by Japan) or a Nambu Type 100. Can't tell with his hand in the way.

I'm surprised he has round eyes... :rolleyes:

ithacaartist 06-01-2015 04:32 PM

He appears to have hepatitis, too...

sheepherder 06-01-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzullick (Post 272248)
I say no, it it ain't broke don't fix it, besides it's primarily a Luger forum not a Nambu forum or a C96 forum or other firearms and although there are threads to such I don't believe any should be into competition with the Luger

So??? Still's Forum has only 9,253 members as compared to John's 12,120 members; yet Still has 40 sub-forums and John only has 20 (not counting the site sub-forums).

Still is primarily a Luger site but still [no pun] has room and interest for 15 non-Luger sub-forums (one of which is solely Japan pistols).

There's no competition. Just augmentation.

I'm not all that interested in patches, but if I can find a white golf shirt I'd put a Luger patch on it. (If I could find a Luger patch).

I'd put a Nambu patch on another golf shirt...And a Mauser patch, a P38 patch, and Borchardt patched shirts as well. My shirts are all 20+ years old; I've worn uniforms for the last 31 years and never had to worry about wearing out civilian shirts. Now I no longer wear uniforms and need to build up my wardrobe. I like to advertise, I'll buy pretty much any shirt with writing on it (that's why I have a Water2oo shirt coming!) :D

Edit: The last time I had any embroidery done was in 1992. I had a run of car club jackets done with the club logo on the left breast and the car company address across the back. The sporting goods store had what was then a new automated embroidering machine that was computerized. All I had to do was pick a graphic from a thick catalog and buy the disk with it (it was $35 back then) and they ran all the jackets. Even the back address was done by computer. No more old lady sitting at her Singer sewing machine cranking them out by hand (and no two alike). It's all computerized now.