LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Lugerforum Archive (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   (OT) PPK Party leader grips (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=274)

norman 03-08-2001 02:21 PM

(OT) PPK Party leader grips

I read in another post one time about fake ppk party leader grips. Do any of you have one for sale. What is the going price for a pair. Do you know of anyone selling a pair, or where I can get one. Thanks for any information you have.

Norman

Ted 03-08-2001 02:45 PM

Re: (OT) PPK Party leader grips

Goint price when they were pulled from MAnions Auction House was $1.7 K as I remember, $1,700 Go figure, you ought to be able to get the original item for that if you can find it! Ted

bob 03-08-2001 03:56 PM

Norman,

Many years ago there was a Import company that had a "Made in Japan" potmetal Non-gun (PPk) that sported a pair of brown plastic grip panels that had a Nazi Eagle on each grip.(similar to the WM breast eagle)

I see these at gun shows every now and then being 'passed' as original PARTY grips.............. Be careful!!!

Whats that old roman saying "Cavert Emptor"

BUYER BEWARE!

norman 03-08-2001 04:16 PM

17 hundred bucks for faked??!!?? I hate to ask but what would a pair of originals go for?? Chrimeney.....I'm at a loss for words. Thanks for the reples guys.

Norman

mac 03-08-2001 05:14 PM

Somewhere I have a catalog from the Virginia company that offered these replica "blow back" blank firing ppk's. I ordered a new catalog from them as recently as 1997 but do not believe the ppk's were still being offered.

The ppk's were advertised as Rommel's pistol.

dave

Marvin 03-08-2001 05:44 PM

Norman,

The fakes are selling for around $250 a pair. I have no idea where to find these, sorry.

marvin

BCC 03-08-2001 06:44 PM

Rommel's Pistol

Rommel may have owned and somtimes carried a PPK, but he carried a Luger in the field, at during the first half of the war!

Ted 03-08-2001 06:59 PM

There is a Pair on EBAY right now! going for around $50, color doesnt QUITE look right to me! Look like they were colored brown with a crayon! Teedoor

norman 03-08-2001 09:20 PM

Ted I went over to E-Bay and looked at those grips??? They are up to 152.00 and to me they look like someone took a Hershey bar and whittled the grips out. At least they could have left the almonds in. hehheh

Norman

Patrick 03-09-2001 03:14 AM

Take a normal pair of plastic grips and any old Nazi (fake or original) badge. Buy a tin of silicon and pour it over both in a form. Peel out the grips and the badge and then make as many resin grips as you can sell to any brain damaged idiot as long as the price holds. Patrick

Patrick 03-09-2001 03:14 AM

Re: (OT) PPK Party leader grips (EOM)

Frank 03-09-2001 09:11 AM

Just Checked. They are now over $180 :(

Man, how stupid can some people be???????

BILL 03-09-2001 10:54 AM

Re: Just Checked. They are now over $180 :(

I think that people get 'bidding fever' on eBay. I know I have seen so many things start at more than I feel they are worth. Unfortunately it sets an artificial market. When people are selling advertisements cut out of old Shotgun News for $10 then it is time to step back and examine the big picture.

Frank 03-09-2001 12:01 PM

Bill, I couldn't agree more :) (EOM)