LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Artillery Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Artillery Magazine Pouch (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=21786)

A.Mifsin 05-31-2009 06:05 AM

Artillery Magazine Pouch

1 Attachment(s)
In past post "Artillery Rig" post of the 03-26-09, Jerry said , Quote:
"Tom says.. Don't forget to put on dual mag pouch, BEFORE installing 2nd strap end. This is ONLY if it is a Navy. Artillery Luger rigs NEVER have this double mag pouch worn on the strap. They were belt worn. BUT..Since yours is a repro rig I suspect it came with the strap type double mag pouch."
Does this mean there were two different Mag pouches one for the Navy and another for the Artillery? Or was it made in one model that can be used for both and the way to wear them was a matter of rules?
Here is photo of a mag taken from past posts.tks.
Alf.

George Anderson 05-31-2009 09:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These are army magazine pouches, big difference.

Vlim 05-31-2009 09:47 AM

Although it is entirely correct that the LP08 pouches were meant to be belt worn, I actually prefer the Navy style. It's simply easier and more effective to have it attached to the LP08 strap, at least on my repro shooting set.

A.Mifsin 05-31-2009 02:27 PM

Thank you for this info.:thumbup: so the Navy Mag Pouch was for the Navy luger not for the Artillery, and for the Artillery Luger there was only one type of pouch. The army type as you stated. Correct?
Alf.

George Anderson 05-31-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Mifsin (Post 160103)
Thank you for this info.:thumbup: so the Navy Mag Pouch was for the Navy luger not for the Artillery, and for the Artillery Luger there was only one type of pouch. The army type as you stated. Correct?
Alf.

Correct. But there are variations such as triple mag pouches. The army pouches were all designed for belt wear not dual purpose.

lugerholsterrepair 05-31-2009 08:11 PM

George, An excellent display of rare & desirable not to mention valuble Artillery double mag pouches! Excellent and gives us hope to amass such a display ourselves someday...

Jerry Burney

A.Mifsin 06-01-2009 02:48 AM

Thank you George, as Jerry said, first for the magazine pouches display and secondly for the information. Is there a chance of seeing a photo of the triple mag pouch please?:jumper:
Alf.

George Anderson 06-01-2009 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an asortment of Luger magazine pouches including one Portugese.

A.Mifsin 06-01-2009 09:15 AM

Thanks Mate, Great collection you have, I never knew that there so many types od Magazine Pouches.:thumbsup:
Alf.:cheers:

Imperial Arms 06-01-2009 12:34 PM

All tossed together like a salad!!

George, could you kindly explain the pouch in canvas material.

Cheers,
Albert

George Anderson 06-01-2009 12:40 PM

It is a five mag pouch for the Luger. Probably WWI or maybe Freikorps era.

klaus 3338 06-19-2009 02:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The stiches on Germany Imperial Navy magazine pouches are in that kind that they canĀ“t be used with a belt.
The additoriol photos should help to understand what I mean.
The stiches we found on the Portuguese magazine pouches are done in another way.