LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   All Post-WWII Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Mauser sighting (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=19397)

Rod WMG 04-21-2008 08:03 PM

Mauser sighting

Okay, I have an Interarms Navy which I've shot a little. With the rear sight set for a 100 (meters?) the pistols shoots about a foot high at 40 yards with the ever popular Win. white box 115 gr..

Is this the usual thing? I haven't been able to shoot it at a hundred yards or more, but it would seem the bullet would still strike high.

John Sabato 04-21-2008 09:20 PM

Make sure you are shooting it stiff wristed, and try it at 100 meters and let us know how that works out...

Steinar 04-22-2008 02:59 AM

@40 yards with sights on 100m, you should be 4.7 inches too high with your ammunition. With sights on 200m, one foot high would be right

Ron Smith 04-22-2008 09:50 AM

Rod,

I think that sight regulation is a malady common to the Interarms Mauser Lugers. I've seen several used ones in gun shops over the years that have had the sights filed in various ways in an attempt to regulate them.

Ron

Steinar 04-22-2008 10:05 AM

Another alternative; http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1760949
..however, your Luger is not WAY off. As John said, trying it at 100m could be a good idea

Rod WMG 04-23-2008 07:25 AM

Thanks, guys. The problem with shooting at a hundred at the range I belong to is that the areas to do that are designated for rifle only. Maybe someday I can catch the range officer and get special "dispensation." My personal informal range at my mountain place is limited to 25 yards.

Ron, tht's very interesting about the filed sights. I sure don't want to do that and Steinar's replacement front sights might be the way to go.

If the 200 yard setting is correspondingly off, which I assume it is, That could make hits at that range very problematic.

Steinar 04-23-2008 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rod WMG
.. Steinar's replacement front sights might be the way to go.

Just so that it's no misunderstanding .. I'm not the seller on these, just searched them up for you :) Perhaps Lugerdoc here in the forum also have them available?

Rod WMG 04-24-2008 12:55 AM

Steinar, I actually knew that! I meant your suggestion of replacement front sights. Your help is appreciated! :)

Lugerdoc 04-25-2008 08:59 AM

Rod et al, I do have some of Steinar's NOS original Mauser front sight blades as well as other used ones, available here in the USA. I would have to know the height required in order to assist. If you can find the correct shoulder stock for your Navy, most ranges would WANT you to fire a stocked pistol on the rifle side. Lugerdoc

Rod WMG 04-25-2008 10:23 PM

Tom, I bought a supposed repro navy stock, but the iron doesn't fit the gun.

mauro 04-26-2008 02:00 AM

Rod,
I can suggest to you to use the stock made by Odin based on Mauser design. They fit quite well although the attaching stock part of the Mauser Parabellum is not completely equal to the Imperial model. Therefore you have to expect that the imperial stock or the reproduction do not fit properly without a little adjustment.
Cheers,
Mauro

Rod WMG 04-27-2008 10:49 PM

Thanks, Mauro. I keep thinking I'll modify it, but have too many projects and my health is hindering me.

Ron Wood 04-28-2008 12:44 AM

Rod,
I would be happy to take a look at it to see if it can be modified to fit, and do the fitting if you would like. Let me know.
Ron

Rod WMG 04-28-2008 04:46 AM

Hey, Ron, I'll probably take you up on that offer! Very generous of you.

It may be awhile before I'll be able to do this; however, as I need to go out of town for awhile to get a new prosthesis fitted.

I will be in touch when things settle down.

Lugerdoc 04-28-2008 09:29 AM

Mauro et al, I've forund that the Odin repro stock irons seem to fit best on a Mauser PO8, even thought they are only considered legal with the correct DWM Po4 or LPO8. So some fitting will be required for them. TH