LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   you lucky people (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=13880)

badal1965 02-03-2006 01:12 PM

you lucky people

hi just joined your forum last night and i can't believe that such a great forum for po8's exists. as i live in comrade blairs britain i can only dream at what it must be like to actually fire a luger as mine is a 1918 DWM but deactivated under the orders of this poxy government of ours. all the robbers can get real shooters easy enough but if you are law abiding you've got no chance. anyway thanks for such a great forum. :cheers:

thegundude 02-03-2006 02:31 PM

Welcome to the forums... :cheers:

I agree. Freedom is a wonderful thing... :cool:

Curly1 02-03-2006 07:55 PM

You have my condolences m8 on the deactivated piece. It grieves me so to read of such things.:crying:

John Sabato 02-04-2006 08:49 AM

Welcome to the Lugerforum Alan, You have many fellow countrymen here on this forum...

A couple of which are considering emigrating to the "New World" to get their freedoms back... I must say I would be considering the same thing if I were in your shoes...

I hope you enjoy reading our forum. Please post photos of your DWM...

Ron Smith 02-04-2006 08:52 AM

Hello Alan,

I would like to add my welcome also.

It is a very sad state of affairs when a Democracy conspires to disarm it's citizens.

Democracies are controlled by Lawyers, and Lawyers depend on crimes. If they allow us to defend ourselves. They are out of work.

New York City's Sullivan law was passed by a group of corrupt politicians(Lawyers) who were in the pocket of organized crime. Who, in turn, were having a problem with armed citizens. It's difficult and dangerous to rob someone who has a gun. So, get a law passed to disarm the citizens. Hence, the Sullivan Law...The banning of unlicensed ownership and carrying of firearms in New York City. Named for the politician who submitted it and got it passed.

Ron

Luke 02-04-2006 09:11 AM

Ron -

So they disarmed everyone in New York City and everyone lived happily ever after! No more crime in New York City. Right? Right?

Luke

stefanosg 02-04-2006 09:23 AM

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

-Thomas Jefferson

Ron Smith 02-04-2006 09:28 AM

Luke,

Why certainly!! It's the Model of safety and security now. I'm loading up today and moving to the Bronx.

It's too damned dangerous here. Everybodies packin'.

Ya never know when some demented little old lady might pull a piece and smoke some poor unsuspecting meth addict, just because he asked her for her purse. Shameful, just Shameful....

Ron Smith 02-04-2006 09:59 AM

We had an incident here in town recently.

A 50 something Grandmother who lives in a bad neighborhood, and is raising her grandchildren with a low paying job. Got her Ford Bronco stolen out of her driveway.

A friend was bringing her back from the Police station after filing the police report. When they saw her Bronco stopped at an intersection.

She jumped out , ran up and yanked the door open. The theif, a 6'1" 190 lb Meth Tweeker, stepped out and tried to push her away. She put his gonads in the retracted position with her foot and commenced to kick the snot out of him while he was down. He was arrested at the scene and she got her vehicle back. She was 5'2" and about 130lbs according to the news report.

I love it....

stefanosg 02-04-2006 10:19 AM

Go Granny Go! This Bud's for you :cheers:

Honestly though, she was lucky. Probably caught off guard because of her age. You never know with these crazies. Had the victim been younger and he the criminal had a weapon, the outcome may have been terribly different.

Luke 02-04-2006 10:28 AM

A R E A L American ! ! !

Ron Smith 02-04-2006 10:29 AM

That's true. It wasn't a very smart thing to do on her part and fortunately it worked out.

Still, a great story. I love poetic justice.

badal1965 11-26-2006 02:47 PM

I'm going to Vegas in February so does anyone know of a gun shop where I can hire/fire a Luger?.I will try to upload some pics of my ruined luger.

G.T. 11-26-2006 03:10 PM

To our British friends!

Hello badel1965, I live in The Phoenix area, and If you would spring for the 45 minute morning flight to Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, I would pick you up there, take you out shooting, supply the Lugers ( and P.38's) and ammo for the day, feed you, and put you back on the plane for your return flight.... garrenteed (sp.?) fun!:cheers: Theres a bunch of guys here that'll vouch for me if you don't believe my offer! BTW, Tac, if you ever get over here, same offer for you! Best to all, til....lat'r....GT

Ron Smith 11-26-2006 03:17 PM

Hi Alan,

We have a member Lloyd Duff who goes by "Lloyd in Las Vegas" on Jan Still's forum. I have forgotten his name on this forum. You can contact him through the forum at thsi link.

http://luger.gunboards.com/

Ron

Steinar 11-26-2006 03:43 PM

Greeting from Norway also Badal1965!
It's always sad for us collectors to hear about deactivated ones.. The fact that you own one shows that you have a genuin interest in Lugers, wich is great!
Not sure If I want to drag freedom into the issue, as I feel that it would label Great Britan as the oposite.. But It's very hard to find the logic of only having armed criminals!
btw.. a little off topic, but this is something I found a little amusing http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new...ay.php%3CBR%3E

Hope you get the chance to fire a Luger when in the US. Feel I can vouch for G.T as a great guy!

Karl 11-26-2006 06:26 PM

Morgan,

It is indeed an amusing article. If desperate criminals in the UK are now using the "LETHAL" .22 short cartridge then even a heavy jacket and a good pair of safety glasses might not be sufficient to prevent injury to innocent civilians at short range. But enough UK bashing, the sad truth is that this article could easily have been published in the US. On another note, I find it interesting that the heroic shop owner who "discovered" the deadly ammunition just happened to have a firearms license. What are the odds of that? KFS

lugerholsterrepair 11-26-2006 07:21 PM

GT, Ellie and I are trying to make it to the Phoenix gun show next weekend...Touch base with you and Jack Hiles. Hope I can make it...

I recall some years ago while in Vegas a Friend took me to a gun shop on the SW side of town and they had a gob of gun rentals there...Full auto too. MP40 is what I remember. I am sure one of our Vegas members will know if it's still in operation. Here in Yuma they have a range with full auto rentals.
Although, if it were me I would take GT up on his more than generous offer!
Jerry Burney

G.T. 11-26-2006 07:28 PM

Overseas guests!

Thanks Steinar! it would sure be nice to have you visit also, certainly give me a call, if you ever plan to get to the states! As most of the members already know.. my door is always open to forum members, and a good many of them have spent an afternoon & an evening (which is not enough time, BTW!!) looking at, and talking about Lugers! As Los Vagas seems to be a prime vacation spot, there is always an outside chance some of our more distant (overseas members) members might land there.. If made in advance, air fare, Los Vagas to Phoenix is but a $120.00 US dollars, round trip... I have stock piled a bunch of Wally world ammo, and have several places we can shoot without interference, both at ranges or out on our own ... and, I have an adequate supply of P.08 shooters... maybe all of them are shooters? :) to use for the day... also, there are several members in the area who I'm sure would like to attend the fun... It's just a thought, especially for our British brothers.. where it might seem more of a treat to them, then to us... Best to all, til....lat'r....GT

thegundude 11-26-2006 07:42 PM

FWIW, the store in Vegas with the machine gun rentals is calledThe Gun Store

I've rented guns there. It ain't cheap but it is fun... :)