LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   New Collectors Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   1915 DWM - value? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=34109)

Geo99 03-25-2015 12:06 AM

1915 DWM - value?

8 Attachment(s)
Hello fellow collectors,

Here is a gun that I'm not sure how I feel about, or if I even want it. It is all matching (inside & out) including the grips and original magazine, so that's good. And the sear safety bar has not been cut. Bore is clean, not pitted. Just strictly looking at the overall wear, it has about 92-95% blue left, but . . .

It has some finish issues, some "peppering" or pitting, and mild surface rust, especially on the left side. The straw is OK - not great, not horrible, in line with the rest of the gun.

It is missing the takedown lever spring ($35 from Lugerdoc).

The mag base has a horrible crack in it - I have not seen one this bad - can it can be repaired?

Considering the matching mag and original finish, I think it is a $1250-1300 gun - does anyone agree? disagree?

Thanks

- Geo

Geo99 03-25-2015 12:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more pics - sorry about the quality, these are the best I can get.

ithacaartist 03-25-2015 03:08 AM

Geo,

I'd let G.T. do a little magic on that mag. I'll bet he's returned worse than that to exquisite condition. We'll wait for his judgment...

Maybe the $1250. Rust never sleeps, most unfortunate--what with the matching mag and all--to have had its effects on this piece. Overall, though, not a bad looking gun, plenty of color on the small parts, grips really nice.

Geo99 03-26-2015 12:23 AM

David,

Thanks for yor comment, I would like to hear from GT about the mag too. I thought this gun would get more notice, but...

You posted at 4AM? Couldn't sleep or are you a farmer?

- Geo

ithacaartist 03-26-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo99 (Post 269421)
David,

Thanks for yor comment, I would like to hear from GT about the mag too. I thought this gun would get more notice, but...

You posted at 4AM? Couldn't sleep or are you a farmer?

- Geo

Just a wacky schedule, however I could be farming snowballs!

Geo99 03-29-2015 02:44 PM

David,

Actually I am considering purchasing this and I was curious to know if anyone else would find it to be collectible or not. I kind of like the idea of saving a Luger with issues, but I think I'm going to pass on this one. I'm still surprised no one else has an opinion to share.

If you are interested in it for $1000, PM me.

- Geo

4 Scale 03-29-2015 02:56 PM

My view is that it is a good buy at $1,000 and I can see someone paying as much as $1,300 for it. For someone interested in this variation or was looking for a WWI shooter it would be worth investigation.

Douglas Jr. 04-02-2015 02:30 PM

Usually, guns like that become much more attractive after cleaning and TLC.
I would bite it for the asking price.