LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Unit Markings (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Police marking (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=22520)

Patrick Sweeney 09-29-2009 02:12 PM

Police marking

I know I've asked this before, but my search-fu is weak (or the post long-ago archived) so can someone help?

4" 9mm with police safety on sideplate, DWM toggle, no chamber date, frontstrap marked;

L.Hi.134

Edward Tinker 09-29-2009 02:23 PM

Yes, I know what this ones means.

I had one just like it and sold it recently.

:)

It is Landjägerei Hildesheim weapon number 134

Ed

Ron Smith 09-29-2009 02:29 PM

Sounds like a 1929 BKIW referred to as a "Sneak" (no date). Marked to Landjagerei (Rural Police) Hildesheim District , inventory number 134.

Post some photos...

Ron

Don M 10-01-2009 04:59 PM

Patrick, may I know the serial number and letter suffix from the front of the frame for my database?

Patrick Sweeney 10-01-2009 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo, assuming I figure this out:

Patrick Sweeney 01-04-2021 05:23 PM

I know, ressurecting an old thread, but I have a question for those in the know: what would the proper holster for this one be? Details would be nice, and a photo or two would be even better.

Proofed 01-04-2021 06:58 PM

Your police pistol has a magazine safety that looks intact to me (trigger wont work without a mag in the gun) that Walther safety began in 1933 and could have been retrofitted into most
existing prior produced pistols. That safety was discontinued in 1937, ordered to be made nonfunctional or removed and discontinued. So your pistol was likely not made after 1937.

Patrick Sweeney 01-05-2021 03:12 PM

I'd have to dig it out of the safe, but as I recall the magazine safety wasn't removed, just clipped/ground off where it would engage, and the visible part left there.

DonVoigt 01-06-2021 05:29 PM

The mag safety is clipped, you can see the trigger spring behind where the tab that blocks the trigger would be.

Most any police style holster would be appropriate, Police = the up strap with button, not a buckle.

Dwight Gruber 01-06-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Sweeney (Post 335970)
I know, ressurecting an old thread, but I have a question for those in the know: what would the proper holster for this one be? Details would be nice, and a photo or two would be even better.

Holster black or brown, a strap attached to the holster body going up through a loop fastened to the lid, fastened by a slit at the end of the strap hooked over a stud on the lid.

On the back, unmarked; or marked with a letter surrounded by a sunburst, sometimes with a maker's hallmark and a date; or a distinctive rounded-wing eagle over a swastika; or the hallmark Akah. On the upper right of the back, a unit mark with pistol number. In your case, L.Hi.134., although you will be lucky to find even the L.Hi. mark with a different number--an acceptable collector compromise.

There are police holsters converted from other pistols, and there are police holsters found with minor deviations in the strap-and-stud configuration. Police holsters are seen converted from standard military holsters (they retain the stitching holes from the buckle closure), as are holsters converted from Artillery holsters.

Sorry I don't have pictures right now.

--Dwight

Proofed 01-07-2021 01:30 AM

Police Holster

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pics of a police holster that is serialized to the police pistol that came in it. with a police marking

Proofed 01-07-2021 01:35 AM

Holster Mark

1 Attachment(s)
The police Mark

Patrick Sweeney 01-08-2021 10:17 AM

Thanks, exactly what I needed.

Patrick Sweeney 01-08-2021 10:21 AM

Doh, I should have waited and asked this as well: appropriate magazines for this one? Is there a particular one or type, or would most any model made up to 1929 be appropriate? I'll have to check to see what is in it, and if it is matching.