LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Black widow grips (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=39519)

Lucas mihalovic 04-10-2019 09:22 PM

Black widow grips

Black widow grips for sale!! Even though they failed hot pin test(hot knife threw butter), holes aren’t threaded, feels and smells like non bakelite plastic......paid 390 for them. Bought them from Phoenix investment arms and the guys there guarantee there authenticity because they plucked them out of an armorers kit themselves🙂??????? Any takers☠️🤪🤔?

John Sabato 04-10-2019 09:34 PM

Photos in clear focus and close up please. You paid 390 what for them? Dollars? One set of grips?

Lucas mihalovic 04-10-2019 09:45 PM

Hello John...with all do respect....no need for photos for they are reproduction grips. Paid way to much for them. Would sell them for 20 dollars. Just making a joke here I guess

G.T. 04-10-2019 10:20 PM

Bakelite grip pics?

Hi Lucas, Hey! Just because they are not Bakelite, and also not Mauser, still leaves the door open for a "good" set of black plastic grips.. I'll explain how... Back in the 1990's, a bunch of Swedish, or Finnish, (can't remember which?) P.08 lugers were imported into the US, most if not all were sporting brand new black plastic grip sets, and most if not all, were re-barreled to a 5" 9mm barrel with a more square front sight. I was the recipient of many of these grips and barrels as I was working for Mr. John V. Martz at the time, and a lion share of the take off stuff ended up with me... The grips are high quality, and injection molded, which give them a quality appearance, and a very good fit, as they were made to fit perfect, and not shrink like a cast set? The only problem was, they were not Bakelite, and as such, not as resistant to solvents and cleaner oils which reacted over time with the shiny surfaces? They were the same as originals on the front, but very different on the back, and easily recognized by that difference alone. Also, they were engineered more for the DWM frame, as I think the Lugers so equipped were original DWM 1923 commercial, more info from the members, I may be all wet on some, but I know they exist….. best to all, til…..lat'r…..GT...….:cheers:

G.T. 04-10-2019 10:27 PM

Black grips

BTW, I'll buy them for $20.00 or trade something for them....best, til....lat'r....GT

Lucas mihalovic 04-10-2019 10:27 PM

Thanks g.t. For the info....I hope someday to be as knowledgeable to Lugers as you are...your info does give me hope and comfort. Unfortunately the seller claimed they are bakelite off of a 41 byf and even posted “bakelite” on the receipt. Still a little skeptical and will sell for a good price!

Lucas mihalovic 04-10-2019 10:29 PM

And they are yours if you want them!

HerrKaiser 04-10-2019 10:31 PM

I have a set of GT’s described black grips on my shooter. They are quite nice.

G.T. 04-10-2019 11:44 PM

Hi Lucas

I would love to buy them from you, or trade for them, we can do either your choice! And I will probably trade to your advantage.... Email me at: gctomeks@msn.com Thanks Lucas, til…..lat'r…..GT...:cheers:

mrerick 04-11-2019 09:28 AM

A reminder, even though this was a "tongue in cheek" for sale ad, we do have forum rules. Prices must be listed (and were not initially by the OP), and discussion is not permitted in for sale threads.

Since Gerald has made the offer and the OP has apparently agreed, I'm closing this one.

I'm also moving this to an appropriate forum.