LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic & Other Firearms (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   C&R License question (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41791)

jeb111 06-02-2022 04:27 PM

C&R License question

While I am sitting here on hold with the ATF customer service line I realized why not ask the Forum members the question I have? On Part B the Responsible Person Questionnaire, if I am going to be the only name on this permit do I still need to fill this section out? It seems like I should but the instructions aren't clear to me. The hold line said 5 minutes but that was 15 minutes ago. Bet they're supper busy now.

Jim

cirelaw 06-02-2022 06:09 PM

Are you transferring the firearm to a Federal Firearms Licensee?

gunnertwo 06-02-2022 06:19 PM

IIRC, I did fill that section out naming myself as the responsible person.

G2

jeb111 06-02-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnertwo (Post 344451)
IIRC, I did fill that section out naming myself as the responsible person.

G2

Thanks I ended up doing just that and I had left a message with the ATF customer service line and believe it or not they returned my call just a bit ago and confirmed that was the correct part to fill out as I am also considered a Responsible Person even as the one applying for the permit. Appreciate the quick response from you guys.

Jim

Eugen 06-05-2022 08:51 AM

Jim, I recently sent my paperwork in for renewal. I did complete that section you mention. If you make an error, like I did once through omission, trust me your application will be returned to you with a clear and specific notice regarding what needs to be added/corrected for your renewal to be accepted. You get 30 days to correct it or your application get filed in the trash can. :eek:

jeb111 06-05-2022 12:04 PM

Thanks Eugen I did fill out that section, I was not wanting to make any mistakes because I feared what you described so I was super careful to make sure all my t’s were crossed and i’s dotted. Sent off a few days ago and was told expect a wait of about a month but I won’t be surprised if it’s much longer.
Jim

Mac Cat 06-05-2022 02:11 PM

Jim, I got mine in September. It took 90 days to arrive.
The slowest part may not be the ATF - they send a notice to your local police department inquiring about your status. It helps if you have been fingerprinted by the local police department. (I do IT work in government offices and to sit on a Grand Jury, which required a recommendation from the county Sherriff).

If you know your local police chief, I would alert them ahead of time or even solicit a letter from them.

jeb111 06-05-2022 06:55 PM

Thanks Mac Cat I do have an advantage there as my Brother in Law is the sheriff so that may help with a little of the red tape. I expect to wait much longer than was told so thanks for the heads up. I didn’t get fingerprinted because it said it wasn’t required for a C&R but if I had known it would have made the app process easier I probably would have gotten that done. Oh well.
Jim

Edward Tinker 06-05-2022 07:40 PM

I was fingerprinted for CCW in Penn and in Wash state - not for my FFL
The local Sherriff or local PD seem to always act surprised if I drop off my copy. I think its a waste of time but I do what the ATF ask. Twice I have had it delayed, once I forgot something and the second time they screwed it up. Both times after I talked to them it was resolved very fast and folks at ATF were very nice.