LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Holster Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Holster questions (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=36715)

Dave Sanders 02-19-2017 02:20 AM

Holster questions

3 Attachment(s)
I am being offered this holster with a parts luger, and I had some questions about it. I took the pictures with my camera, so pardon the pictures. One question I have is it a wartime holster from what you can tell. Another, why is there no tool pouch? Lastly, is the closure stud a replacement, or were they the aluminum type like this one? Any help would be appreciated.
Dave

alanint 02-20-2017 06:21 PM

It looks like a Weimar era police holster, but more photos would help to nail this down.
It is missing the typical cross strap the closure strap goes under.

DonVoigt 02-20-2017 08:22 PM

Police holster, but later IMO.
How about a full picture of the back and from the front with the flap up.
Pictures are cheap! :)

Edward Tinker 02-20-2017 08:53 PM

The cross strap you see sometimes, more often from repurposed artillery holsters - brass studs are earlier than aluminum or steel but you find a mixture, they used what they could get, we show them fairly well in our book. That chapter was written hand in hand with Jerry Burney, so its pretty good.

I am surprised it doesn't have a luger tool pouch, only time I see that is post war DDR for luger/P38 - but with police holsters, never say never

I also have never seen one marked with the serial number sideways like that

It looks old, but I don't really like this holster - what is the writing on the inside?

Dave Sanders 02-20-2017 09:25 PM

I will post some more pictures tonight. I got a pretty good look at the stamp and it says:
Kasse u. Liederwaren Fabrik Zeitz
Scholle (something I can't make out)
Zeitz

It doesn't show any sign of the cross strap ever veing there and no sign of a pouch. It sure looks WWII type to me when I put it up to my other, but I am sure no expert. I will post some more pictures in a bit as I have it in hand now. Thye other were from my cell phone and not the best. Thanks for your help so far.
Dave

Dave Sanders 02-20-2017 09:57 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures.
Dave

Dave Sanders 02-20-2017 09:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last three

wlyon 02-20-2017 11:01 PM

My best guess is post WW2. Bill

Dave Sanders 02-20-2017 11:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot two more.

MP38 03-29-2017 07:42 AM

The maker looks to be Albert Scholle, Zeitz.

The construction of it is WWII era or later, due to the flap being sewn directly to the back (without the extra piece).

Albert Scholle did make P38 holsters from 1940-1943, as well as Luger holsters in 1939. This may have been done earlier though, perhaps for a police rework? Strange that the tool pouch is missing though?

Matt:cool:

Dave Sanders 03-29-2017 09:31 PM

This may be no test, but it has that "smell" of a WWII, the feel, and the look. It is a pretty nice holster for the mismatched luger in any case. Thanks for the help.
Dave