LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   New-to-me S Luger (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=37396)

Jeff Irving 08-30-2017 02:59 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Fourth batch of photos

Jeff Irving 08-30-2017 03:03 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Fifth and final batch of photos

Mac Cat 08-30-2017 04:02 PM

Lovely rig !
Great pictures!

Lugerdoc 08-31-2017 09:30 AM

Judging by the fit and checkering of your grips, I would guess they're new repros. Also it appears that you may be missing the mid toggle axel retaining pin, which could lead to damage if the luger was fired "as is". i suggest that you take up John S's offer to inspect your pistol for originality and condition, to see if it is safe to fire. TH

Jeff Irving 08-31-2017 09:45 AM

Tom - Thanks. I need a real pro to closely look at 1905.

Note that I do not intend to shoot the gun.

Where could I find a replacement for that missing part?

TIA...

Jeff Irving

1933 FORD NUT 08-31-2017 07:07 PM

Jeff ,

Tom is probably right about the grips .

May consider a set of fine checkered grips for it as it much easier to find them .

My well worn-abused 2014 has them and they are worn like the entire gun .

Someone on the other site bought one in the high 800 range with fine checkered grips and is looking for wood .

Maybe a set there .

Grips aside your gun looks very promising with a few honest issues .

REALLY like to see good pics of the E2's on the mags and also the E2's inside on most parts .

NICE GUN !!!!!

Dave

Sergio Natali 09-04-2017 11:37 AM

Great pictures and nice Krieghoff that I would never shoot.
With some patience you can find some original grips.
Give it a good Ballistol bath just for a start, "on guns rust never rests".
IMHO.

Jeff Irving 05-23-2018 09:32 AM

Update & Latest Pics...

I hope to have additional updated pics of #1905 posted soon. These will show this Luger with an OEM toggle axle retaining pin installed, a period correct set of Ritzman grip panels, and both magazines cleaned up and correctly calibrated.

Thanks to Lugerdoc for initially spotting the hole where the axle retaining pin was missing and for telling me that the wood grips that came to me with the Luger were incorrect.

Thanks to John Sabato for meeting with me to take a direct look at the Luger and for real help in getting me moving in the right direction.

Thanks to GT (Gerald Tomek) for his great advice and work. GT gets the credit for the proper retaining pin, the Ritzman grip panels, and the work on the mags.

So I am a very happy curator of my one-Luger collection...!

Jeff Irving 05-24-2018 12:56 PM

Updated Photos

7 Attachment(s)
Attached are photos of the repairs completed.

alanint 05-29-2018 12:56 PM

Anybody else uncomfortable with the fit of those grips and the missing toggle retaining pin?

Ron Wood 05-29-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanint (Post 316566)
Anybody else uncomfortable with the fit of those grips and the missing toggle retaining pin?

If you are referring to posts #17 and #19, yes. If you are referring to post #29, no. The two sets of photos show a before and after sequence, with post #29 showing the gun after the toggle retaining pin had been replaced, the new grips and cleaned up magazines all courtesy of forum member G.T, as Jeff pointed out in post #28.
Ron