LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Shooting and Reloading (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Shooter grips! best BW type! (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=34982)

G.T. 11-07-2015 10:09 PM

Shooter grips! best BW type!

Hello to all, I've been literally shooting the grips off of my test Lugers and I'm at a point to where I would like to replace them with reproductions that at least fit well?? So, my question to the members is, what vendor has consistently supplied the best of the reproduction Black Widow style grips so far? Krieghoff repros would be viable candidates as well?... Color doesn't really matter as long as it ain't pink!...:eek:... Give me a consensus, and I will give them a try... best to all, til...lat'r....GT....:cheers:

Edward Tinker 11-07-2015 11:08 PM

I have at least 2 sets and I'll just send them to you - not the best, but you can play with and have them

- although the East German bullseye grips are what I would use.

Zorba 11-08-2015 12:49 AM

How about fuchsia? :jumper::evilgrin:

DonVoigt 11-08-2015 10:27 AM

GT,
I've been using original vopo bakelite/plastic grips on one of my shooters.
They are substantial, can be bought for $25 to $35 online and are still
"real Luger grips".

They fit better than some reproductions too.

Beware of plastic , especially vintage plastic as in Franzite, many have shrunk to the point that they are 1/4" too short for a luger frame, near "baby luger" size!.

Of course wrapping medical stretch bandage around them helps too, it even comes in black!
Protects the grip and your hand. I'm talking about the wrinkle/grippy/stretchy type that is often seen as "sports" related. This might be a good solution for you, given those 32 round drum dumps you have been and will continue to do!

G.T. 11-08-2015 11:33 AM

grips that will last!

Hi Don and all, After mulling it all over, I think Don is correct.... I would appreciate the chance to buy some VOPO grips sets as they would fit nice and hold up well?... But, not the resin repros.. (why would anyone want to replicate VOPO grips???) If any of you have any extra original VOPO grip sets please let me know... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT... Got money to spend! Parts to trade!..... Monty Python haggling rules apply!.....:cheers:

jonnyc 11-08-2015 09:53 PM

I've found the grooved Russian Capture grips to be the most comfortable "Shooter Luger" grips I have tried.

John Sabato 11-09-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Tinker (Post 279479)
- although the East German bullseye grips are what I would use.

+1 The EG grips are the best "aftermarket" plastic grips I have ever used, and they are good quality, and require little if any fitting... Just my $0.02

Sergio Natali 11-09-2015 11:20 AM

Richard

They are quite nice, but in all honesty to me nothing can beat gooooooood traditional walnut ones!

DonVoigt 11-09-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepherder (Post 279540)
I have a set of the 'Russian' vertically grooved grips, and find them the most aesthetically pleasing of all grips, wood or Bakelite. :)

I would like to see a set of these in dark Walnut, just for S&G... :D

To each his own, but I find the Russian grips both un-comfortable and Ugly!:)

John Sabato 11-09-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonVoigt (Post 279557)
To each his own, but I find the Russian grips both un-comfortable and Ugly!:)

+1 :thumbup: Me too!

DonVoigt 11-09-2015 06:52 PM

Not offended at all, we just like janking your chain!:evilgrin:

If we could not get a reaction, then we would ignore you.

John Sabato 11-10-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonVoigt (Post 279571)
Not offended at all, we just like janking your chain!:evilgrin:

If we could not get a reaction, then we would ignore you.

:rockon:

Lighten up Richard! :rolleyes: The commentary on this forum is what keeps folks coming back. Good clean fun.

John Sabato 11-10-2015 12:06 PM

Rich, no one is talking about ignore lists... except you? I hope you are kidding about limiting your posts. Your contributions to this forum are what legends are made of... Stick around. the fun is just starting :D