LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Gun Show Announcements & Discussion (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Going to Reno! (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=11350)

Ron Wood 02-16-2005 01:19 AM

Going to Reno!

Looks like I am finally going to attend a Reno show in April. But it is Sarahâ??s fault, she talked me into it. I think she just wants to get me out from under foot for a couple of days. Canâ??t say I blame her, I get a bit grumpy at times.

I have made my reservations and will arrive on Thursday. Guess I will pick up one of those â??Honored Guestâ? badges so I can harass folks while they are setting up. Who might I expect to see there? I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Russ 02-16-2005 08:24 AM

Hi Ron

I will be setting up on thursday. That tinker feller will be there too. My tables are A 13-14. I am in the big room by the front door.
Look forwared to meeting you.
Russ:cheers:

Edward Tinker 02-16-2005 08:32 AM

Ron, are you flying in? If so, I am flying in first thing in the morning, and have a rental (all via air miles). My room is very cheap, evidently just costing me a keg of beer for Russel.

Jan Still will be sitting with Doug Coffey, so should be nice, as I have never met Jan in person!

Will be good to see you again,

ED

Ron Smith 02-16-2005 08:44 AM

Yo Ron,
The plan so far is that I will be running some tables for a local dealer. He can't go, and he does'nt want to lose the money on the tables. Barring any glitches, I will be there Thursday afternoon.

Other Ron

Edward Tinker 02-16-2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Smith
...he does'nt want to lose the money on the tables. Other Ron
I usually just play the slots, never played the tables :D

Didn't want to speak for you, wasn't positive you'd be there ;)

other eD

PS: I wish someone would say outloud THIS IS FOR 8,9,10 APRIL..... So I wouldn't think I messed up on my airline dates... :eek:

:D

Ron Smith 02-16-2005 08:55 AM

Ed, No! It's the 14th 15th and 16th. ;)

The problem is that I will need a helper. And I haven't found any of my so called friends who will make a firm commitment. If I were a gun nut and was offered a free trip to the Reno show. I would have my bags packed and waiting.
Ron

Edward Tinker 02-16-2005 08:56 AM

See, stressing me out dude! Now, you don't get half of Russ's kegger!

Ron Smith 02-16-2005 09:02 AM

I'm thinkin' getting a half keg of beer from Russ, would be not unlike trying to get a half a rabbit from a starving Bobcat. Probably ain't gonna happen!!:D
Ron

Have you ever tried to take a Loggers beer? Could result in getting a topping axe between your ears.

drbuster 02-16-2005 09:15 AM

Ron, Glad to hear you're coming to Reno. I look forward to metting you finally. Now we have to get Pete Ebbink to change his mind and attend.

Scott H. 02-16-2005 09:18 AM

I am also looking forward to the Reno Show. Looks like quite a few LF Members will be there. Will there be enough Lugers for all of us?

Scott

Dwight Gruber 02-16-2005 11:40 AM

Just made my reservations for Reno. You mean we're going to have to twist Pete's arm?

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

--Dwight

policeluger 02-16-2005 11:47 AM

OK, if Dwight is going, and Ed and Ron's are going, I might as well.....DG if you wnat I can bring the AE up there and save a few bucks shipping!

Ron Wood 02-16-2005 01:14 PM

Hi Ed,
I will be flying in, but my plane doesn't arrive until 1:05 (if it is on time). See you at the show.

Edward Tinker 02-16-2005 02:46 PM

Sounds good, I am leaving at O-dark-thirty and leaving at O-dark-thirty on saturday, but for a "free" ticket, it works out fine.

See you at the show. Dinner on Thursday? Group dinner is usually Friday?

Pete Ebbink 02-16-2005 05:36 PM

Ron,

The airport is only a 10 minute walk to the Hilton or a very cheap.short taxi ride. I think the Hilton even runs a free shuttle bus...

Contrary to swearing off Reno for a while, I think I will be there...if work in Michigan does not get in the way...getting together with Ron Wood will be a special treat, again...

Hope to see you LF folks there !

As of this afternoon, the Hilton still had rooms available for $ 89/nt.

Pete...:typing:

policeluger 02-16-2005 06:09 PM

Just booked at $79/nt, but for Friday arrival, Saturday a bit highter

Ron Wood 02-16-2005 06:14 PM

Gun show rates are $77 plus 12% tax. They may have some AARP rooms left for 7-8 April at $65 plus tax. Only gun show rates are currently available for the 9th. At least those are the rates I got when I made my reservations yesterday. Got to work any angle you can!

I will be there three nights, so dinner get togethers sounds great. Hope you can make it Pete...haven't had the opportunity to tell you a tall tale face-to face for quite a while!

Russ 02-16-2005 08:12 PM

Well it sounds like it is going to be a great time. And contrary to what some pepoel think I dont drink that much beer. Since working at almost 9000 feet in lots of snow. We are required to carry a flask of good Wiskey. Just in case someone gets bitten by a snow snake.:D And ya all know how bad it is to be bitten by a snow snake.:roflmao:

Russ:cheers:

Ron Smith 02-16-2005 09:53 PM

SNOW SNAKES!!! You're one brave man Russ. They are afraid of good whiskey, however. :D

Ron Wood 02-16-2005 10:23 PM

The way I hear it, not only is whisky good for their bite, it makes snow snakes a lot more visible...the more you drink, the more you see.