LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Early Lugers (1900-1906) (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Bulgarian extractor value? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=14955)

thegundude 07-18-2006 02:45 PM

Bulgarian extractor value?

Howdy gents!

I have a scrubbed Bulgarian Luger, the one some of you may remember that I picked up late last year. It still has the original extractor which, knowing it's pretty scarce, I'd like to sell. After all I bought the gun as a shooter and I'm afraid to shoot it with such a valuable extractor in it.

My plan is to buy a reproduction extractor and swap it out, selling the Bulgy piece.

Does anyone know what the value of such an extractor would be? I'd be very grateful for any info you might provide.

thegundude 07-19-2006 02:52 PM

Anyone??

A wild guess will do... :(

Dwight Gruber 07-19-2006 06:49 PM

Steve,

At a guess, you are not going to get a lot of action on this question unless someone actually needs it. I might suggest that you put in a shooting extractor and hang on to the original, it will be an attraction when you show the gun off to someone (and you will), and it will add to the value of the gun if at some time in the future you decide to sell it.

Email Lugerdoc (Tom Heller) and see if he has an actual answer for you.

--Dwight

Hugh 07-19-2006 08:04 PM

Steve,

A wild guess; from $150-$250 :confused:

thegundude 07-19-2006 10:47 PM

Thanks guys. That works... :)

I'll PM Tom and see if he's in the market for one before I put it on Gunbroker.

Muchos gracias comarades...

Mike B 07-19-2006 11:18 PM

Steve,
Would you consider selling the toggle link assembly? Replace it and use the replacement as a shooter.

Mike

Lugerdoc 07-20-2006 08:21 AM

Steve, Thanks for the offer. As has been stated above, there is a very thin market for such items, so you may own it for a while. I've seen these offered on ebay at outrageous prices, but doubt that they sold, but with ebay prices, who knows? TH

thegundude 07-20-2006 08:54 AM

Mike, why would I swap out the entire toggle link? It's been scrubbed of all markings so it's not worth as much as a standard DWM toggle...

Tom, thanks again for your consideration. I suppose I'll leave it wher eit is and shoot the sucker... :D

Mike B 07-20-2006 07:02 PM

Steve,
Sorry about that. I was not aware that it had been sanitized. Guess I had not "listened" to the whole story.

Mike

thegundude 07-20-2006 07:12 PM

No sweat Mike... :)

Ron Wood 07-20-2006 07:35 PM

Steve,
Dwight's suggestion that you swap out the extractor and hang on to the Bulgarian one is pretty good. As Tom indicated, the market is thin for this item, but if someone needs one, suddenly it is worth a significant amount. I know if I had a Bulgarian that was complete except for a mis-matched or broken extractor, $200 would seem pretty reasonable. Consider that it won't take up much room in a drawer, it doesn't eat, and as time passes it doesn't age (wish I could say the same).

thegundude 07-20-2006 08:16 PM

I guess for the time being I'll just leave her where she is...

Fellas, I sure do appreciate the advice. Ya'll are first rate... :D

Lugerdoc 07-26-2006 07:54 AM

For anyone needing the rarer Russian, Turkish or Portugese marked extractor or the more common "Loaded" one, I do have these in stock. All Original. Please inquire: hellerarms@webtv.net