LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   early collectable Krieghoff vs new production Krieghoff Parabellum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=30146)

alvin 07-02-2013 07:52 PM

Back 2-3 years ago, there was an article in a gun magazine talked about the newly made Krieghoff. I forgot the magazine's name. According to the author, Krieghoff, as a company, is still in business, but not in pistol making business anymore. The new Krieghoff was made by a very capable German gunsmith (outside of the compnay), and the newly made pistol was authorized by the company to carry the Krieghoff name. Youtube had a video showing an American gunsmith made a small batch of .45ACP Lugers, the new Krieghoff was in similar concept, The price gap of new HK and old HK is not very big though, probably due to the new one carrying the company's name. It's not a product of that company's normal business production, the company helped on marketing.

hansfischer007 07-02-2013 07:57 PM

New Run of Lugers..??

OK Guys...Im the first to admit that I dont get out much.....probably has something to do with babysitting two grand children...ages 3 and 5 about 4 days a week..........anyway....this is the first I have heard of a "New Run of Lugers " coming out......who is making them and what price range are they looking at..??....also are they 4" barrels or a choice of 6"..etc.........Lordy knows I dont need to go into debt anymore....but maybe I can at least just press my nose to the glass window and look in.........I appreciate anyone posting the info ........thanks ....Hans Fischer

alvin 07-02-2013 08:33 PM

The newly made Krieghoff is not cheap, asking something like $12,000 ?? Unlike .45ACP Luger, there are still many instances of WWII Krieghoff Lugers exist in various kinds of conditions, so this price of new gun is .... I don't know. For people collecting Krieghoff who has already gotten all major variations of it, this newly made Krieghoff can be considered being another variation, a special one. That's the best way that I can understand it.

pitsword 07-03-2013 11:30 AM

IIRC Simpsons had the "new" H K's available at about $18k.

Michael Zeleny 07-03-2013 11:36 PM

The current dealer price of the newly produced HK Luger is about 10500 EUR in Germany. The 2011 Gun Digest review can be found here. I have an all-matching 1936 Krieghoff Luger SN 7313 listed on this forum.

alvin 07-04-2013 05:04 AM

Thanks Michael. That article was exactly the one that I read in a Borders bookstore (still in business at that time). It's a great article.

Sergio Natali 08-06-2013 01:09 PM

Before spending any money, if I were you I would just do what I did, read, read, and read as much as possible and get a lot of information about "L U G E R" pistols, as there is always something new to learn, especially from this forum. Full stop.