LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Lugerforum Archive (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   JUST CURIOUS (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=1782)

TIMOTHY CANNEY 09-27-2001 04:35 PM

JUST CURIOUS

WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THIS WEB SITE FORUM? IF I AM CORRECT, WHICH MAY NOT BE THE CASE, RALPH SHATTUCK DOES. IF SO HE WOULD BE APPALLED AT SOME OF THE ARROGANCE DISPLAYED HERE IN THE PAST FEW DAYS. WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH THE ANTI-GUNNERS AND FRAUDULANT INDIVIDUALS SELLING CRAP THEY REPRESENT AS BEING MINT SPECIMENS TO NEW COLLECTORS. LET'S STICK TO WHAT WE KNOW AND LOVE; LUGERS! WE DESPERATELY NEED TO STICK TOGATHER AND QUIT THE SENSELESS BICKERING AND WASTE OF HOT AIR. JUST WHAT I THINK! YES, I'M SHOUTING AGAIN!

TIM CANNEY

Dok 09-27-2001 04:59 PM

Re: JUST CURIOUS

You are incorrect! Ralph Shattuck neither owns this site, nor has any direct affiliation with it. We all like Ralph and make an annual pilgrimage to his World of Lugers... but that's the extent of it.

To the extent that the site *is* owned, it is *owned* by the Board of Directors of the Luger Forum. There are nine of us who, when the old site was hosted all over the world (Italy and Taiwan), and the old webmaster John Chapman was looking to bail out, came together and formed the new Luger Forum, got it out of those foreign countries, and hosted it in the US, by the kind services of John D., and purchased the www.lugerforum.com domain name. The domain name is probably owned by John D., as he registered the name, and is hosting the Forum, but the Board is responsible for the running of the Forum and setting policy.

I was elected, (more like Shanghai'd) into the position of webmaster, and carry out the day to day duties of moderating the Forum. While my job is a thankless one for the most part, the high salary makes it all worthwhile. All major decisions are by majority vote, and members are elected to the Board by the existing Board members.

I trust that sheds some light on your question, and to answer the other aspect of your post, yes the Board (not Ralph) is appalled.

Dok - Webmaster (or Web-Tyrant according to Wolfgang )

BILL 09-27-2001 07:52 PM

Re: just curious

Ok, (one, two, three)..Thanks Dok!!!

Uncle Mike 09-27-2001 07:58 PM

Re: This Doo Hickey :)

Hi Dok,I don't care who runs this thing just keep it up.It's fun and educational,and the participants are great.Regards,MC

Dok 09-27-2001 09:07 PM

Thanks? That's all I get?...

What happened to the raise I was promised ???

Big Norm 09-28-2001 02:05 AM

Re: Thanks? That's all I get?...

S M A C K...Big kiss! No money though.

Big Norm

Sid Gariss 09-28-2001 09:22 AM

Re: Thanks? That's all I get?...

How about a nice pat on the back and job well done.

Sid.

Hugh 09-28-2001 01:49 PM

Dok, your raise is in the AIR MAIL :D (EOM)

John Sabato 09-28-2001 02:37 PM

HEY DOK! A suggestion for the FAQ

I think the bulk of your answer ought to be added as the first question (Who operates Lugerforum.com?) and answer to the FAQ under General Information...

I am sure many of our new visitors wonder the same thing!

-John

Dok 09-28-2001 03:26 PM

Can't give away too much free info... (EOM)

schwob 09-29-2001 03:04 PM

Re: JUST CURIOUS

DOK, I've said it before and I'm sure many members of The Forum agree, your over worked and under paid........!

Dok 09-29-2001 08:20 PM

It's the underpaid part I'm tryin' to resolve :</strong><br /> </div>

<div></div>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br /><table class=
Hugh 09-29-2001 11:19 PM

DOK, lets vote the board a 100% pay raise :D

Dok 09-30-2001 05:51 PM

Gets my vote!! :D (EOM)

John Sabato 10-01-2001 11:32 AM