LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Robert Tracy passed away (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=34966)

Edward Tinker 11-04-2015 06:40 AM

Robert Tracy passed away

4 Attachment(s)
It is with heavy heart that I report that my good friend and mentor Bob Tracy died end of September, his wife Linda just notified me.

Bob collected Lugers, P38's, Nambus and several other handguns - he sold them all the last five years and was more of a lurker than a primary member, so most folks will not know him, but until recently he bought all the new books, read the forums and kept up with Lugers, P38's and Nambus.

Folks who went to the 'Luger Convention' in Phoenix would have met him, below are some pictures. We went to the Confederate Air Force and Bob is in the group photo, also, the dinner we had, he is smack in the middle...

I will miss him.

kzullick 11-04-2015 08:36 AM

Sorry for the loss of your friend Ed.

John Sabato 11-04-2015 11:32 AM

Bob will definitely be missed. Rest in peace Bob.

G.T. 11-04-2015 04:39 PM

Our prayers and condolences ....

Hi to all, I had talked to Bob, just recently, doesn't seem that long ago?... , and, he had informed me of his struggle and prognosis ... He was a stout, kind, and brave gentleman to the end... I remember him well from the gatherings in Phoenix, and, he has been very kind to me thru the years! I will miss him as well... It is sad news indeed... My best to the Tracy family, and prayers as well... sincerely, GT

Thor 11-09-2015 05:36 PM

He was a good friend and I liked him a lot. Even though I have not talked to him in a while, I will miss him.

Sergio Natali 11-10-2015 02:47 AM

To Edward, Ted and all the other Luger enthusiasts that knew him

Wanted only to say sorry for the loss of your friend Robert.

alanint 11-10-2015 08:57 AM

Losing a brother and fellow traveler is always hard. Rest in peace, Bob!

tracyp 11-21-2015 11:08 PM

I remember Bob from the Lugerfest. I'm the one on the far right of the last picture. It's hard to believe it's been 13 years. I wonder how many folks from the Lugerfest are still with us. Rest in peace Bob.

Tracy

Edward Tinker 11-22-2015 09:26 AM

Most of them are still here and collecting - some not as much - the majority of them kept in contact via the boards - a few have passed

I think he dropped by for the dinner, but not sure, but Frank Manders died this month - also, some family members &, spouses have passed.

Thor 11-28-2015 06:39 PM

I saw the news about Frank on Jan Stills forum. Darn, he was a good friend too. Loved his wit and his sharing his knowledge about Mauser Lugers. I put a small tribute to him on my Face Book TLC page (Thors Luger Clinic) today