LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Swiss Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Swiss 1900 (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=18196)

acastell 10-24-2007 10:19 AM

Well, I hate to dig up an old post, but I recently acquired a Swiss 1900 with 3 digit serial number and I thought that I should let you know so you can add the information to your database...

The serial number is 501. I will be happy to take pictures and send them to you...I have the Gun, cleaning tool case, tools (all swiss marked) and the magazine, no markings as stated above, but with wood and polished metal.

I am brand new to this forum as I stumbled across this while researching my purchase...

You can email me direct if you wish at keeptahoeblue03@yah--.co- (do not want some email phishing engine to pick up my email)

AC

Ron Wood 10-24-2007 11:44 AM

An excellent acquisition! I am an early Luger fan. If you would please go back and look at Dwight Gruber's earlier questions and answer them about your Luger it would be most helpful until we can get some photos posted. I would be glad to have you send the photos to me, but I am out of town and do not have ready access to emails for that purpose. Perhaps you can figure out how to post pictures, it is really quite easy, or one of the other members could lend a hand.
Congratulations on your purchase and I anxiously await further info!
Ron

acastell 10-24-2007 12:49 PM

Pictures of Swiss Luger #501

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an attempt at uploading a picture...first try

acastell 10-24-2007 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

acastell 10-24-2007 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope you are not bored yet! Another...

acastell 10-24-2007 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one...if you need/want other angles, let me know...

Ron Wood 10-24-2007 01:19 PM

Very pretty! A nice early military with the Type I thumb safety. It has a relieved frame, which I would have expected. I notice a mark on the loading tool...is it a number or a proof/acceptance mark? How about a pic of the right side of the Luger?
Thanks,
Ron

policeluger 10-24-2007 01:32 PM

Ron is not going to sleep tonight....what a beautiful Luger!

acastell 10-24-2007 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The mark you see on the tool is a cross...here is a pic of the right side...I am somewhat new to Lugers and aquired this on a trade for a Mauser Sniper and a Martz Luger, so, if you have anymore to say about this piece and it's place in the lineage of Swiss Lugers, as well its "collectablility", I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

MFC 10-24-2007 10:11 PM

I think you stole it from a museum. ;)
How about a pic. of the top?
Beautiful photography and a beautiful Luger.
Mike C.

acastell 10-24-2007 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Mike...I am really happy! Here is a pic of the top...

Pete Ebbink 11-02-2007 02:05 PM

Hi Andy,

Lovely SN 501 Swiss Luger !

Is there a chance you could post up a close-up of the "polished" area underneath the thumb safety lever. This area will sometimes let us know if the gun is DWM original factory finish or possibly a Bern arsenal rework.

A photo or two of the insides of the frame well would help as well.

BTW...I have a close cousin of your gun...mine is SN 555...both probably made in the 1901-1902 time frame...when 2,000 guns were made in Germany for the Swiss military.

Thanks, and again...congratulations !

p.s. The take-down tool with the swiss cross stamping is not reported used in Switzerland by collectors...most are thought to have been "marked" later to give the impression of a Swiss Ordnance piece.

Here is a close-up view of the stamping on my "Swiss" TD tool...

http://forum.lugerforum.com/lfupload...tool_copy1.jpg

Edward Tinker 11-02-2007 02:21 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Ed

the gunman 11-02-2007 03:55 PM

"One Beautyful Rig" Must say I would Kill to own one of these.

John Sabato 11-02-2007 04:04 PM

Absolutely breathtaking condition. Congrats and thanks for sharing the photos.

thegundude 11-02-2007 05:16 PM

Just gorgeous!!

Could I hold it for a minute? I promise to give it right back... :D

acastell 11-10-2007 08:40 AM

Thank you all for the replies...I was out of town last week and did not have much time to check this post...

Brad 11-10-2007 10:30 AM

WOW! That's a beauty!

pgalloway 12-10-2007 06:54 PM

Incredible!

Could one ask how you came by this fantastic find?

acastell 01-03-2008 04:12 PM

I am sorry for not keeping up with this thread...I have a local shop who's proprietor is my trusted guide in the world of collectible firearms...he had this piece in his inventory...he agreed to a sale price and I agreed to a buy price...I am sure he made his margin and I know I paid what I felt was a fair price...

I just hope next time he comes across such a piece, he keeps me in mind...I believe that many of the collectible pieces pass through the internal network, never making it to the advertised arenas...

Thank you all for the feedback and comments...a few months past the purchase, I am still thrilled with the piece...

AC