LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Luger Accessories (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Commerical Mauser banner mag (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=28176)

Ron-E 04-19-2012 09:03 PM

Commerical Mauser banner mag

5 Attachment(s)
New to the forum and I hope this is the right forum. Just purchased a like new Luger magazine with a Mauser banner logo on the spine. Has plastic base. Any info and value would be great. Thanks in advance, Ron

lugersrkewl 04-19-2012 09:10 PM

welcome to the forum

is your mag numbered? technically I think mags go in the holster area of forum.

Ron-E 04-19-2012 09:19 PM

Mauser mag.

Thanks for the direction and greeting. I have found no numbers or any other markings other than Mauser logo. Ron

G.T. 04-19-2012 09:39 PM

Mauser post war mag.

Hi Ron-E, welcome to the forum! Your mag was made for the new, 1970's re-introduction Mauser post war Parabellums... There are a few different variances in the magazine production to equip these new issue Lugers, but most proved unsatisfactory for any application other then the Mausers they were designed for.. they have a super bear strong spring.. and eventually the plastic bottom will blow out at the range... The value seems to run between $75.00 and $100.00 for one in nice shape... and broken ... anything they will bring... I've up-graded several and am currently up-grading eight for one forum member.. :)... my kinda guy! :cheers:... If you want to sell...I've always got $75.00 buck ready to go... best to you, til...lat'r...GT...:jumper:

lugerholsterrepair 04-19-2012 09:40 PM

Ron, I am sure this is a magazine produced for the Original Mauser Luger run made in the 70's.

Vlim 04-20-2012 09:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These magazines were made in the Netherlands by a company called 'Metaalwarenfabriek Tilburg', based in Tilburg, the Netherlands for Mauser. MFT was specialized in making metal pressings for automotive and military use. They made ammo belt shackles, clips and magazines, as well as safety belt and air bag components. The company went out of business in 2009. It made a restart under the name 'AllPress Metals B.V.' at the same location.

Initially the company made complete magazines, but in the later years they only produced the magazien tubes.

Ron-E 04-20-2012 06:29 PM

Mauser mag.

Thanks for the info. Interesting pic of the body with no follower cut out. Ron

mrerick 04-21-2012 02:12 PM

Hi Ron-E and welcome to the forum.

If you want to use your magazine to shoot a Luger, consider sending it to Gerald (G.T.) for his upgrade. He'll return it with a base that will not "blow out" over time.

If you bought it to collect, expect that (unmodified) it will rise in value over time if kept in pristine condition!

Marc

WaltherKKJMan 11-09-2013 01:45 AM

Where can I get these??

Where can I get these??

I have an Interarms Mauser Luger from the 1970's.

Please call me at 248-342-5971 or email me at kev159@yahoo.com ok.

SteveM 11-09-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltherKKJMan (Post 243713)
Where can I get these??

There are 3 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/leolascurios...p2047675.l2562

Edward Tinker 11-09-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltherKKJMan (Post 243713)
Where can I get these??

Please call me at 248-342-5971 or email me at kev159@yahoo.com ok.

you just need to post a want to buy in one place - welcome to the forum

WaltherKKJMan 11-10-2013 02:53 AM

I saw the three on ebay and they had rust!

I saw the three on ebay and they had rust!:rolleyes:

I will post it. I saw an ad for the new Mauser Company and i wonder if they have those mags in their back stock.

I talked to a source but he seems to only be interested in selling his new rifles and gunsmithing.

Trying to locate 4 good mags like the onbe in this posting that are like new-like the ones that came with my gun.:)

Why make bottoms for mags that don't hold up?? Can these be replaced with stuurdy Steel or wood bottoms that will hold up and allow me to actually shoot and enjoy my Luger?:confused:

ithacaartist 11-10-2013 12:27 PM

Welcome to the forum Kevin,

I doubt there is any remaining stock at Mauser, after over 40 years. Such things are sold off.

Keep looking, be patient. If they are out there, they tend to surface eventually.

The bottoms G.T. installs to improve mags will not blow out as the original bottoms will. The Strong springs--the desirable feature of the original 70s mags--are apparently too strong for the original plastic bottoms.

If you're interested in the extra mags for shooting, why not try MecGar mags, which are available new. These are currently the best on the market and will see you through many, many rounds. Their availability is sporadic because they tend to sell out quickly. Again, diligence and patience will pay off.

G.T. 11-10-2013 05:20 PM

banner mags!

Hi Kevin, I have two interarms mags, identical to the banner mags but marked differently on the spine... both work fine, one is a little sticky when you depress the spring, but works great with a loading tool... They have very strong springs in them, same as the Mauser banner mags... I would sell both to you for $155.00 shipped.. let me know if you are interested, they still have the original plastic bottoms in them, bottom upgrades for both would set you back an additional $75.00... let me know, best to you, til...lat'r....GT BTW, if you're not interested, please post to that effect so someone else can take their shot at it!! :cheers:

G.T. 11-11-2013 07:16 PM

moved to the for sale board!

Haven't heard anything from anybody?? Sooooo, I'm moving my offer to the for sale board... let me know if there is any interest out there?.. Best to all, til...lat'r....GT:cheers:

Vlim 11-12-2013 06:30 AM

Hi GT, I don't recall having seen variations with just 'Interarms' on the spine, apart from the MecGar magazines that were made in Italy for Interarms. Can you post a photo of the marking on the spine?

There were the 'Made in Holland' versions, made by the same company (MFT), but directly for Interarms.

The 'holy grail' are the magazines with both the Mauser banner and the 'Made in Holland' marking :)

G.T. 11-12-2013 10:54 AM

interarms mags

Hi Gerben, Yes! You are correct!!! My bad, they are marked "Made in Holland" as you already had deduced! I will correct my post... Thanks for the catch... The only difference in them was the spring.. only slightly less strong then the spec'ed Mauser offering... But still plenty strong... best to all, til...lat'r...GT :cheers:

SIGP2101 11-21-2013 01:27 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Is this one the same origin then?

SteveM 11-21-2013 05:17 PM

Nickel plated wood bottom Mauser marked on spine were for the commemorative and special production models.

Sergio Natali 11-22-2013 06:57 AM

Probably there is no need for me to confirm it but those magazines, wich are quite beautiful after all, were made only by Mauser in the Seventies for their "original Mauser" marked pistols; a friend of mine has got one of them and I often see him using it at the range.