LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Luger Accessories (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   What do I have? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=42034)

Major Tom 01-01-2023 03:14 AM

What do I have?

At a recent garage sale, I bought for one dollar a P08 magazine disassembled. The seller said he took it apart to clean it and could not get it back together.
The body id bright silver (steel?), has a coiled spring 9/16 inch diameter, an aluminum hollow plug (tube) about 3/4 inch long attached to one end of spring, a black plastic follower, a white plastic bottom with a hole that the spring does seem to fit there.
The problem is that the spring in too large to fit inside the magazine body.
Seller said it was OK before he took it apart.
So, what is it? There are no markings on magazine body,

Doubs 01-01-2023 11:43 AM

Pictures?

Major Tom 01-01-2023 12:20 PM

taking/posting photos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubs (Post 346470)
Pictures?

I'm computer illiterate. lol

Major Tom 01-01-2023 12:23 PM

I'll probably just throw it in my luger parts box.

tomaustin 01-01-2023 01:19 PM

this could be your introduction into the interesting world of Luger repairs....

parts laying around in a box will slowly disappear...

this board is chock full of qualified minds to solve most any of the questions about lugers...

most often beginning with the question of "why did they do it that way..."

take some pictures---front, back, bottom, top---of the assortment of parts....

go to your Walmart, K-Mart, a local photographer, ask for help to print them out so you can hold them in your hands..do not try to post them on the internet/luger forum board just yet....

then come back on this board and remind the good folks here of your find....tell them of your photo prints and what you would like to do.....

the rest will be a learning experience from exceptionally qualified members.......

they can talk you through the process of solving this problem......

you would be number 1,402,356 receiving assistance on this board on posting photos....

bring it on........

Tom

ithacaartist 01-01-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Tom (Post 346469)
At a recent garage sale, I bought for one dollar a P08 magazine disassembled. The seller said he took it apart to clean it and could not get it back together.
The body id bright silver (steel?), has a coiled spring 9/16 inch diameter, an aluminum hollow plug (tube) about 3/4 inch long attached to one end of spring, a black plastic follower, a white plastic bottom with a hole that the spring does seem to fit there.
The problem is that the spring in too large to fit inside the magazine body.
Seller said it was OK before he took it apart.
So, what is it? There are no markings on magazine body,

If the mag bottom is held in by a single pin, it is likely an early mag. I'll bet it has two pins, though, because of the plastic follower, so post-war most likely. You'd use it in a chromed Luger with ivory grips, lol. Pics, plz. Get help from a younger family member or neighbor.

lugerholsterrepair 01-01-2023 06:57 PM

I too am a computer idiot and for years resisted posting pictures. Finally, I determined to do it. You can too. If you WANT to.

ithacaartist 01-02-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair (Post 346477)
I too am a computer idiot and for years resisted posting pictures. Finally, I determined to do it. You can too. If you WANT to.

That one cannot teach an old dog new tricks is untrue. It just takes a bit longer. :rolleyes:

Ron Wood 01-02-2023 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithacaartist (Post 346481)
That one cannot teach an old dog new tricks is untrue. It just takes a bit longer. :rolleyes:

Or a bigger hammer.