LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Krieghoffs at Greg Martin Auctions (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=24159)

Likelugers2 05-31-2010 08:34 PM

Krieghoffs at Greg Martin Auctions

June 27, check it out!

Pumaonly 05-31-2010 09:58 PM

did I count right, 11 K's?

did I count right, 11 Krieghoff's? Ad lots of other nice stuff too

tracyp 06-01-2010 10:02 PM

I’m always suspicious when I see military lugers that look like new, especially ones that would have been in service for 9 years before the war ended. The early S has Ritzman grips, it’serial number 208 so it should have wood grips. Also, many of these have matching magazines, some have two.

When a luger is fired, the side plate rubs on the barrel extension. These look like they have no drag mark.

drbuster 06-03-2010 06:41 PM

I have had thoughts like this also, but it seems that HK's and Swiss lugers, for some reason, seem to age better. Many times when I thought a Krieghoff was refinished, someone with more knowledge and experience than I tells me it's original. HK's were just polished and finished with more care. I would have to closely scrutinize these Greg Martin Auction pieces before condemnation.

drbuster 07-02-2010 10:11 AM

It is obvious that Krieghoffs "lead the way" as evidenced by the recent gavel down prices. Only other lugers to even try to come close were Mauser banner contracts, one nice artillery rig and the 1908 Navy. The police and double date lugers never got out of the starting gate.

tracyp 07-02-2010 09:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I attended the auction. It's seems every luger had a matching magazine, which always bothers me. Here's a 36 Krieghoff. Look at the machining marks on the chamber. They don't show up as well in the picture. Krieghoff Lugers were of the highest quality. Has anyone seen marks like this on a Krieghoff?

Look at the top of the side plate, it's rounded. Krieghoffs are square.

George Anderson 07-03-2010 11:33 AM

I agree that the side plate is questionable but the receiver and machining marks are fine.

drbuster 07-03-2010 12:49 PM

Given the fact that HK's are very expensive now, the invitation and temptation are there to boost and even convert them. This just challenges the mettle of the potential buyer. Again, one has to hold the piece in the hands to best tell. And of course, the more one has seen, the more variation will be found accecptable. Matching magazines are showing up more now, in my opinion, as prime items are emerging from old collections. That said, if one considers all the many thousands of lugers out there, most of them have non matching magazines.

Norme 07-03-2010 12:49 PM

I have seen these chamber machining marks on other Krieghoffs, and only on Krieghoffs. In my opinion they support the authenticity of this piece. Regards, Norm

tomaustin 07-03-2010 11:35 PM

is the artwork on the receiver of hk's always this misaligned??

with such precision in manufacturing the piece, the easiest task on the weapon is the engraving.......

drbuster 07-04-2010 12:23 PM

Tom's question is understandable. One rarely sees HK's stamped like this. But overall this appears to be a genuine article Krieghoff. Despite the image of correctness (obsessiveness), things like this do get through.

John D. 07-04-2010 05:35 PM

Hi folks,

I'm not quite sure why you are focused upon the OUTSIDE of the side plate? It's the machining marks INSIDE the plate that will tell if it's the "real deal"..

Best to all..!

John