LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Well, it's that time of year again! (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41674)

G.T. 03-16-2022 03:01 PM

Well, it's that time of year again!

Hi to all, as the title states, it's that time of year, which to me, is any time of the year when I run out of original followers for Luger magazine repairs???? :eek::eek:... So, here I am begging for some help! I am not shy about it either, as when I repair members magazines, I often swap followers to solve a binding or feeding issue, and I don't charge for this part or part of the service! I'm just happy to have parts that work? Anyway, if you have a little stash of followers, especially Mauser wartime, I would certainly like to purchase them and will post a thread in the WTB section stating such.... As I realize the cupboard may be bare, perhaps a few will trickle thru for a new home in a sad and sick Luger mag. (Almost makes you want to go out and buy a puppy!) :eek:.... Thank and best to all, til......lat'r........ GT :cheers:

ithacaartist 03-16-2022 05:06 PM

G.T., I'm bidding on a couple of parts lots, each with an original follower. Will keep you posted...

cirelaw 03-17-2022 09:43 AM

My Hero! We like yourself survive barely on Social Security which give us a two persent raise in December which is calculated year before based on the prior year although our cost of living rose 40%. This is F~~ed up!!!!!Who can afford another luger! Nor groceries or gas! Everything is more except our monthly check! Please help each other! Its' our Other Loyal Family and Close Friends~ God Bless~

ithacaartist 03-20-2022 08:17 PM

No soap from the auction, I'm sorry to say. Someone with deeper pockets won the parts. :(

G.T. 03-20-2022 08:27 PM

hard to get...... anymore

Hi David, thanks for the effort! Stuff is getting hard to find.... best to you, til....lat'r....GT......:cheers:

Edward Tinker 03-20-2022 11:18 PM

yesterday was a huge auction of 1911 parts / M1 / M1 carbine etc. I was interested, but forgot.
I bet there are parts locked away by the thousands - somewhere

ithacaartist 03-21-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Tinker (Post 343606)
yesterday was a huge auction of 1911 parts / M1 / M1 carbine etc. I was interested, but forgot.
I bet there are parts locked away by the thousands - somewhere

An auction lot with the internal parts for a couple of dozen Erma toggle pistols came and went on Gunbroker. I'd been outbid, I think, and planned to snipe the auction at the end. Still kicking myself for being distracted/forgetting. But the weird thing is that the parts never made an obvious appearance on GB elsewhere later. "Loveoldguns" was the username of the winner, also a ghost on their forums...

cirelaw 03-21-2022 09:59 PM

Are Luger Parts For The Most Part Interchangeable?????

ithacaartist 03-22-2022 07:31 PM

Give or take some fitting, mostly yes. Sometimes no.