LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Early Lugers (1900-1906) (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   U.S. Test Trial List -2016 Revision (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=36548)

Ron Wood 01-09-2017 07:40 PM

U.S. Test Trial List -2016 Revision

1 Attachment(s)
Time for an annual update to the list of reported surviving examples of Model 1900 American Eagle Lugers with U.S. Test Trials characteristics. The exciting part is that five new serial numbers have been added to the “traditional range” (6100-7100). This is due in a large part to collaboration with Dwight Gruber and comparing his list with mine (he got some new serial numbers from me too :)). Note that one of the new numbers is annotated with a “F” (fake) on which Dwight and I agree. That means that there are two suspected fakes now shown on the list. While the cumulative total of the “over and under” serial number list remains the same there is a change there also…one number has been added to the 7300 group and one erroneous entry has been deleted from the 7800 group. I am posting this 2016 list as a new thread as some folks have asked that the old list is kept for historical/comparison purposes. Enjoy!
Ron

mrerick 01-09-2017 08:05 PM

Made this a "sticky" thread... Marc

JVH 03-07-2017 05:54 PM

Thanks, New member JVH here. I have recently acquired two (2) Luger pistols and have been searching the internet for reference material. This forum appears to be the place to help me acquire some knowledge about the 1900 American Eagle I purchased. I am not computer savvy and have not posted on very many, one other, site. Of this also I am learning. I will try to post photo's and other information on the Eagle as it seems to be an interesting example. I am looking forward to further discussions. The Serial # 7274 puts it in the " maybe a test pistol list."
Thanks again. JVH

DonVoigt 03-07-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 299901)
Thanks, New member JVH here. I have recently acquired two (2) Luger pistols and have been searching the internet for reference material. This forum appears to be the place to help me acquire some knowledge about the 1900 American Eagle I purchased. I am not computer savvy and have not posted on very many, one other, site. Of this also I am learning. I will try to post photo's and other information on the Eagle as it seems to be an interesting example. I am looking forward to further discussions. The Serial # 7274 puts it in the " maybe a test pistol list."
Thanks again. JVH

When you do , please start a new thread!:thumbup:

Welcome to the board.

banjomike 01-07-2021 10:53 AM

Ideal Luger Stock

Gentlemen: I have posted in the Luger Accessories a US Property Bomb Proofed stock Ideal holster stock. Any info would be greatly appreciated.