LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Holster Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   who makes a quality Arty Luger holster/stock (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=42088)

reiver 02-15-2023 06:15 PM

who makes a quality Arty Luger holster/stock

I am going to pick up an Arty Luger in the near future and will reload and shoot the pistol.
I may look for original (unmatched) stock/holster etc. but in the short term and for the range I'd take recently made repro.

Who makes a nice quality rig similar to original in your opinion.

I see prices all over the place and many of the pics look exactly the same in most cases.

Thanks

HerrKaiser 02-15-2023 07:14 PM

Find an ODIN repro for shooting.

Edward Tinker 02-15-2023 09:05 PM

An Odin are what 20-30 yrs old, but you still find them in the original box. Its more the stock lug attachment that is sub-quality on repro's.

Ron Wood 02-15-2023 09:10 PM

Finding an Odin may be difficult, but it is worth the hunt.
Ron

reiver 02-15-2023 10:03 PM

Thanks...searching but no joy anywhere.... what would be a second choice with experience then?

Bill_in_VA 02-16-2023 02:09 PM

I've got no dog in the fight, but on the other forum Harry Greer has an MGC LP.08 with all the repro accessories, including several stocks for a very attractive price. Maybe look into that? You could buy it, keep what you want and sell the rest; or perhaps Harry might be willing to separate one out for you.
Just a thought...

G.T. 02-16-2023 07:08 PM

Hi reiver

I may have just the ticket for you? I have an ODIN artillery stock, with a nice dark brown CMR holster rig attached to it, all top notch, that I would be willing to sell. My love affair for the artilleries has waned and I need to turn the items into another project? The only issue is that the stock casts some off to the right? :eek: Which is great if you're right handed, but impossible if you are a lefty! Also, it needs the two brass retainers (buttons?) that hold the straps together.. I have approx $700.00 plus in the rig, I would sell it for $550.00 We would heve to see if it fit your future artillery somewhere down the road, but is fit several of my Lugers when the quest began... Let me know at gctomeks@msn.com and we can discuss it! Best, til....lat'r....GT:cheers:

wlyon 02-16-2023 08:16 PM

Odin stocks are the best repro on the market. Bill

reiver 02-16-2023 11:35 PM

Thanks GT.... I'll reach out when I pick that LP 08 up.... do all of the stocks favor right handers by design or is this an anomaly?

G.T. 02-17-2023 02:21 PM

Ookee dokie

Naaawww, I think all are supposed to be straight of the back of the frame? Even under the best of circumstances they are awkward? Like I said earlier, great for the RH guy, terrible for the left... :eek: I'll hold on to it for you until end of March (31st)? You should have all your ducks lined up by then? Let me know, best, GT:cheers:

Vlim 02-18-2023 08:28 AM

These stocks were meant to be used with the holster strapped to the stock. The top of the holster serves as padding while shooting. The flat stocks were never designed or meant to be used without the LP08 holster, but after WW1 the stocks were sold and used without them anyway.

reiver 02-18-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.T. (Post 346785)
I may have just the ticket for you? I have an ODIN artillery stock, with a nice dark brown CMR holster rig attached to it, all top notch, that I would be willing to sell. My love affair for the artilleries has waned and I need to turn the items into another project? The only issue is that the stock casts some off to the right? :eek: Which is great if you're right handed, but impossible if you are a lefty! Also, it needs the two brass retainers (buttons?) that hold the straps together.. I have approx $700.00 plus in the rig, I would sell it for $550.00 We would heve to see if it fit your future artillery somewhere down the road, but is fit several of my Lugers when the quest began... Let me know at gctomeks@msn.com and we can discuss it! Best, til....lat'r....GT:cheers:

GT...this all depends upon how much I have to spend on the Luger...I've given myself a monetary limit. IOW I can't confirm I will purchase and I don't want to hinder a sale.
List it and if it is still there, and within my stated limit, then we will work it out.

Pat

BTW, I live in Wickenburg just up the road a bit :)

G.T. 02-18-2023 08:19 PM

Hi reiver

Hi Pat, When you get your artillery, let me know, I have several ODIN Navy stocks we can see if the iron fits and then install an artillery stock on the selected iron? I'm not in any hurry, But even if I do sell, we can find another down the road! In short, we have future options, best, til....lat'r....GT....:cheers: