LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic & Other Firearms (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Bad news (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41505)

wlyon 10-06-2022 10:30 AM

Sory to hear that. You are both in my prayers. Bill

cirelaw 10-06-2022 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hospice is setting her up here~She wants to die at home! I pray I make it through make it through this. Twenty two years of marriage~Especially hard on our grand daughter~

Edward Tinker 10-06-2022 05:43 PM

Eric, I am so sorry. Are You ok?

ed

Bill_in_VA 10-06-2022 07:15 PM

Damned sorry to hear this Eric. Having been in virtually the same place just about two years ago, I know that there’s really nothing I can say to ease your soul. I’ll pray for peace and mercy for you and Debbie. Know that you’re not alone as you and her walk this journey.

cirelaw 10-06-2022 08:08 PM

TKS, your words have helped through this aweful experience. I am setting her bed in the living room~She is definitly doing better me! Just trying to help her> I will depend on Hospice and find out if anything I might Do, Thanks for being here! Hug You Loved Ones!! Good Night!

Curly1 10-07-2022 01:48 PM

Very sorry to read this Eric.

spangy 10-07-2022 07:02 PM

Like Bill_in_VA I went through this with my beloved Halina in 2017.

My heart is so heavy reading your post Eric :(

We are here for you and Debby Eric so please reach out at any time you need us.

During my saddest time a true friend gave me a fable that I have never forgotten and I pass this fable to you now.

One night I dreamed a dream. I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

cirelaw 10-07-2022 09:39 PM

Thank You For Your Your Beautiful Conforting Words~ A Deacon Was Here To And Prayed Together. I Don't Know How Much Longer She Will Last! We Cherish Every Remaining Moment~ This Suggs As I Am Helpless! Thank You all So Much! Eric

cirelaw 10-08-2022 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its sucks when there is nothing to!! Her grandchildren are stopping by hopefully not for the last time!

cirelaw 10-08-2022 06:28 PM

Last Rites given by her priest! Worst moment for both of us! Brings me back hen I was an Alter Boy~ It now hits home!!

cirelaw 10-08-2022 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An Early Happier Time~

cirelaw 10-09-2022 09:10 AM

Hospice set up a bed in our living room as she wants to pass at home with her family~The morphine does help!!

cirelaw 10-09-2022 01:14 PM

Debby is doing her best! I'm glad we had 23 years of Love! Hug Your Loved Ones Daily~~~~~

rhuff 10-09-2022 06:00 PM

Been there and done that many years ago. There is nothing easy about it, but time is a great healer. You will never forget her, but you are not supposed to.

Something that was told to me as I went through it.....The hurt is equal to the Love you had for her!!

gunnertwo 10-09-2022 06:50 PM

My wife did Hospice for several years. It's a wonderful program and eases some of the unpleasantness. Prayers and blessings to you, your wife and family.

G2

wlyon 10-10-2022 10:18 AM

Anyone who works in Hospice deserves Sainthood. Bill

MikeP 10-10-2022 10:55 AM

So very sorry to read this.
Praying for as much comfort as she can get.
Yourself as well.

cirelaw 10-12-2022 12:20 PM

The doctor increased her morphine to every 2-4 hours. It might help the pain but it make it hard to communicate! I would rather help her pain!! This suggs!beyond what I ever imagined!PS Hospice has been great https://www.floridahospices.org/hosp...lliative-care/

cirelaw 10-14-2022 10:31 AM

Yesterday she made some eye contact, today none~

cirelaw 10-14-2022 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hospice has arrived to make her confortable for her final hours. I am a mess! I kissed her on the forehead and tried to hide my tears~ Her Mother And Father, 1952