LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   All Post-WWII Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   "New" Luger P08 from LKCI (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41920)

K.Wilhelm 09-06-2022 08:32 PM

"New" Luger P08 from LKCI

I don't know much, as usual, so I'll just blunder on anyway. The Turkish company formerly known as Tisas (now CM?) that made the hi-power clone a few years back claim to be coming out with a Luger P08. The picture on the LKCI llc website looks like it might be a VOPO Luger or similar. They also show a photo of an Arty Luger.

Anyway, the website states availability perhaps in the fourth quarter of this year. I don't know whether these are new production or rebuilds, or ?

Does anyone have any more info on these? :confused: Bill

gunnertwo 09-06-2022 11:19 PM

Link to images:

https://lkcillc.com/wp-content/uploa...L-08122022.pdf

G2

tomaustin 09-07-2022 12:08 AM

If they are clearly engraved as replicas.................no serial numbers, etc.....

gunbugs 09-07-2022 01:01 AM

Downloaded the catalog from the link. I don't think the photos shown are what they are actually going to make, or are even tool room samples. The "VOPO" P-08 photo appears to be an actual VOPO luger. The"Artiliary",(funny), appears to be an actual Artillery. So I would adopt a "wait and see" attitude. Not to mention they describe their side by side 12ga as an "over/under". The catalog does not inspire confidence.

K.Wilhelm 09-07-2022 07:26 AM

Just got an email back from LKCI from an enquiry I made to them, and time has already slipped to 3rd quarter 2023. I will say; however, that I have one of their Hi-power clones, and it is a nice pistol- accurate, reliable, and looks good. BTW, I'm not affiliated with the company and have no financial interest in it.

Doubs 09-07-2022 12:02 PM

If Tisas - or whatever they are named now - does for the Luger what they've done for the 1911 and Browning High Power, I'll buy one. I've owned three of their 1911 pistols (still own one) and the quality has been excellent. They also made a clone of the Browning HP called the BR9 "Regent" and it has a good reputation although I don't think they are sold here any longer.

K.Wilhelm 09-07-2022 12:23 PM

Tisas now CM (maybe)

Glad you like the Tisas 1911s, Walker; I've read some good reviews on them, and the price is certainly right. I am fortunate to have gotten a Tisas BR9 SS nearly new from Gunbroker a couple of years ago. I did replace nearly all of the small internals with Browning parts (not necessary). That pistol has been great.

LKCI is still the importer for the Turkish company now perhaps known as CM. Their website still shows the BR9 pistols, so maybe we'll be able to get them again sometime. Bill

Doubs 09-07-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Wilhelm (Post 345449)
Glad you like the Tisas 1911s, Walker; I've read some good reviews on them, and the price is certainly right. I am fortunate to have gotten a Tisas BR9 SS nearly new from Gunbroker a couple of years ago. I did replace nearly all of the small internals with Browning parts (not necessary). That pistol has been great.

LKCI is still the importer for the Turkish company now perhaps known as CM. Their website still shows the BR9 pistols, so maybe we'll be able to get them again sometime. Bill

Bill, my first Tisas 1911A1 was bought 7 years ago this month. The picture below shows the first target I ever shot with it using a center hold. I later bought the 1911A2 which was a series 80 action type. I sold the A2 to finance another purchase and sold the A1 recently to a neighbor who wanted a 1911. The one I own now is the "US ARMY" model that I purchased as a "Blem" for $320 NIB. The "blem"? The slide and frame are slightly different colors. These pistols are well made and do not have a single machine mark inside or out. The quality is far better than it has any right to be for the price.

I also have the Girsan MCP35 clone of the Browning HP. It is also of excellent quality.

The Turks are making some fine handguns at great prices. That's why I wouldn't hesitate to buy a reproduction Luger made by Tisas. I'm betting they'll be done right and it wouldn't surprise me if the parts interchanged with original Lugers just as the 1911 and HP parts do with original guns. Walker

https://i.imgur.com/PfkS46B.jpg

Mac Cat 09-07-2022 05:20 PM

LKCI, LTD.

5772 BEAR HOLLOW ROAD SE
NEWARK, OHIO 43055-9464

Interesting - I have never heard of them.
The website is kind of cryptic, but they do have a physical address.

It will be interesting to see what they can do with the lugers.

The lugers are called PO8 ($800) and PO8A ($900).

aldo35 09-07-2022 09:22 PM

Lkci ltd

Is the company to contact in order to purchase the HP and Lugers? Do they accept C&R? Thanks,

Hoot 09-07-2022 09:59 PM

FWIW, I bought a BR9 SS when they first came out. I've only put about 200 rounds through it, but I like it a lot. I always wanted a stainless HP, and bought one to add to my little collection.

gunbugs 09-08-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldo35 (Post 345452)
Is the company to contact in order to purchase the HP and Lugers? Do they accept C&R? Thanks,

If they are new manufacture, they won't be C&R guns.

Good-Day 09-08-2022 09:01 PM

Hehehe yeah i think the picks on the Catalog are more than likely "borowed" from the internet

With that said THANKS for letting everyone know I have a Tisas CZ75 and it's extremely well made. I have also had my hands on a few other Tisas products and all have been real nice

If the prices remain the same I would probably pick up one of each

HerrKaiser 09-08-2022 10:10 PM

I wonder how much this would impact the shooter grade Luger market if these come out at those prices and still high quality. Half of me says they’ll depress the shooter market by supply and demand, the other half tells me that mismatched but Genuine German made Lugers will become a a collectible category in their own right. Especially VOPO and Combloc capture guns that have already begun their own niche collectible market.

gunnertwo 09-08-2022 11:55 PM

If it introduces new shooters and interest to Lugers it wil be worthwhile. If the quality is as good as the other products from the company I'll buy one.

G2

K.Wilhelm 09-09-2022 09:46 AM

Also, will this possibly present a new source of parts- depending on their quality & interchangeability?

rhuff 09-09-2022 03:32 PM

I see this as a possibly win-win scenario.

lugerholsterrepair 09-09-2022 08:57 PM

I would hope they don't have all the warnings/read the manual junk on them like Ruger's do.

Sieger 09-13-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubs (Post 345450)
Bill, my first Tisas 1911A1 was bought 7 years ago this month. The picture below shows the first target I ever shot with it using a center hold. I later bought the 1911A2 which was a series 80 action type. I sold the A2 to finance another purchase and sold the A1 recently to a neighbor who wanted a 1911. The one I own now is the "US ARMY" model that I purchased as a "Blem" for $320 NIB. The "blem"? The slide and frame are slightly different colors. These pistols are well made and do not have a single machine mark inside or out. The quality is far better than it has any right to be for the price.

I also have the Girsan MCP35 clone of the Browning HP. It is also of excellent quality.

The Turks are making some fine handguns at great prices. That's why I wouldn't hesitate to buy a reproduction Luger made by Tisas. I'm betting they'll be done right and it wouldn't surprise me if the parts interchanged with original Lugers just as the 1911 and HP parts do with original guns. Walker

https://i.imgur.com/PfkS46B.jpg

Doubs,

Do you think there is any chance they will also manufacture a Luger in .45 Caliber?

Sieger

Freischütz 10-17-2022 07:38 PM

If they are good quality I’ll buy one.

The website (https://lkcillc.com/) has lots of interesting guns. The “revolver shotguns” caught my eye. Mechanism like a double action revolver.