LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Lugerforum Archive (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Best Source for Russian Capture Luger (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=28)

Robert 02-02-2001 04:24 PM

Best Source for Russian Capture Luger

Hi:

What is the best source for a nice Russian Capture Luger?

I know there have been some recent imports.

TIA

Wombat 02-02-2001 05:54 PM

Re: Best Source for Russian Capture Luger

Click on the link here. AIM has the best deal going on them, and are high quality.

I think a lot of us on the forums here have ordered some of these from them. You can get them for under $400.

---Wombat

Aim Surplus.com

EOC Bob 02-02-2001 06:42 PM

I have two that I received from AIM, a 1921 DWM for $330 and a S/42 G date for $510, both are all matching very nice Lugers. SOG has them too at $395 and GSP has them for a little less, best bargain out there today in my opinion.

John D. 02-02-2001 07:30 PM

Questions for EOC Bob and Wombat...

When you say "matching" - does that mean external and internal numbers? I looked at the website, and found the grade where external #'s match - but wondering if I missed a page or if there is a "special" grade where all #'s would match if you phone in or something? I've thought buying one of these for a while - so maybe I should make the plunge??

Thanks for any info...!

Frank 02-02-2001 08:40 PM

John D., I think :(

That AIM advertises external matching numbers. I guess that one might luck out and get a complete match.

Wombat 02-02-2001 09:41 PM

Re: John D., I think :(

I have ordered two luger from them. ONe matching, one non

the Matching one was not a TRUE matching gun. Not all parts did (even external), but most #'s did match.

The non matching is a better deal I think. I'd only get a matching "non import" gun.

Hugh 02-03-2001 12:18 AM

Re: Questions for EOC Bob and Wombat...

John,

They had some all matching at first at a higher price, but sold them out a month ago!

EOC Bob 02-03-2001 08:16 AM

Re: Questions for EOC Bob and Wombat...

My first Luger the S/42 I paid for and got an all matching gun, the second 1921 DWM at $330 while not as visually appealing is all matching also, just got lucky.

Steve 02-03-2001 08:43 AM

It has been reported that some of these Lugers that Aim has for sale were struck so hard with the import die that you can actually see the impression from the interior of the barrel. If you get one of these be sure to inspect it very carefully.

Hugh 02-03-2001 09:40 AM

That is true! I have one, there is a very visable hump inside the bore. I have changed bbls on this gun since recieving it.

John D. 02-03-2001 10:15 AM

Thanks Guys - exactly the feedback...

I was hoping to get on this.. I think I'll give them a shout on Monday.. Also - Tom - if you'll pass me an e-mail with your phone number, I'd like to see what you might have. I really like the idea of supporting vendors/suppliers who support this Forum *first* before others. So, in my simple view - that includes Ted, Hugh, G.T., Tom and several others..

Hey DOK - how about a dedicated page of these folks who participate in this Forum and *also* sell products? I'd like to keep my money "in the family" if possible, so to speak..?? Just an idea..???

Dok 02-03-2001 11:01 AM

All these folk ARE listed in our Links & Resources...

are you suggesting a PREFERRED vendors page?

Ted 02-03-2001 11:07 AM

Re: All these folk ARE listed in our Links & Resources...

I have my own webpage as does Tom, but Hugh and GT might need this help! Hugh has lots of links to his grips and stuff, but I think you could help these guys out a lot! The owners corner will suffice for me and my web site link!

Ted

John D. 02-03-2001 11:46 AM

Yep - exactly - "Preferred Vendors Page" is..

exactly what I was suggesting.. Something where site surfers know if they post to the Board - these folks will probably see that post. In my view - it is these preferred folks who add "content" in sharing help and advice to others, who should benefit directly from this Boards success... Just MNSHO....

Dok 02-03-2001 12:16 PM

OK! Posting is the criteria...

and anyone who posts gets to be a PREFERRED VENDOR. That would put CMR, HellerArms, Ted, GT, and Hugh on the Preferred page, and leave Ralph Shattuck on the other page. Do I have that straight?

John D. 02-03-2001 12:21 PM

Re: OK! Posting is the criteria...

Yep - and this is just my opinion! - those who post back to this Board with help and advice. However, it *wouldn't* include those who will find us (and they will!) who simply post advertisements or specials without going out of their way to add any other content, if you know what I mean??

Dok 02-03-2001 12:27 PM

Yup I do...

so maybe Charles Roscoe doen't make it based on that!

Dok 02-03-2001 09:01 PM

OK... here's what I've chosen to do...

I really don't want to create another "layer" of complexity, by making new pages with "Preferred Vendors", it's seem very redundant to me.

So what I've chosen to do is to leave the existing page alone but to give our "Preferred Vendors" a "gold star" for their quality service to this forum, and an explanation on the page about how we endonse these folks for their commitment to the forum.

Check out the Links & Resources page and let me know what you think. I think it's clearer and cleaner.

Dok

John D. 02-03-2001 09:14 PM

Great Solution - I like it!!! (EOM)