LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   All Post-WWII Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   couple of Interarms rigs...thanks G.T. (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=28497)

Augsburger 06-17-2012 12:39 AM

couple of Interarms rigs...thanks G.T.

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of Interarms rigs I put together with the help of Forum members. The magazines are by G.T.. Amazing is all I can say. More later. The gun on the left has a dyed black Interarms holster. The gun on the right has a George E. Lawrence holster with a repro mag pouch. Thanks to member Aaron for the gun and holster on the right. Thanks Hugh Clark for doing a fantastic job finishing the grips on the left gun. Just right, Hugh. Thanks to Tom Heller for parts and the Mauser take down tools. And thanks to Ifid for the Interarms holster. Original would be nice, but black looks cool too!

Both guns are Interarms PO8 style 6" barrel nrs 11.014062 and 11.014084. (22 nrs. apart? how did that happen) The magazines are all Mauser mag bodies GT refurbished with new handmade cast alu bottoms, springs, and finish work. A true craftsman and gentleman to deal with. Note how GT numbered the left gun mags civilian style along with his extremely cool makers mark, the right gun mags military style with plusses. Which do you like better? I can't decide. Click on the pics for a better view. Both are 9mm tack drivers which I shoot often. Can't say enough about the crowd on the forum... Hope you enjoy. Cheers!

P.S. still need a black double mag pouch for left gun???

lfid 06-17-2012 03:14 AM

Very nice presentation !!!

cool that they are apparently serialed just a few guns apart

double mag pouch looks and - any idea who made it ? do the mags fit in it ok ?

black holster looks better than when I last saw it - must be happy to have that MP luger

yes - GT work is awesome !!!

closeup of the left gun Clark grips would be interesting

thanks
Bill

SteveM 06-17-2012 08:15 AM

Nice presentation, really like those Interarms Lugers. GT has done some nice work on the mags. Do you have the boxes and accessories for both pistols? Now you'll need to find a 30 cal to go with them.

Steve

sheepherder 06-17-2012 08:26 AM

Just took a close look at GT's mag bottoms...that's great!!! :roflmao:

I think if I had had a stamp made up, I would have gone for an Imperial eagle with a Gothic "GT" in it's claws... :p

Augsburger 06-17-2012 09:19 AM

The mag pouch is a repro and the mags fit well. I'm going to try and darken up the leather a bit with saddle soap to try and match the holster. Both guns are complete except for the test target unfortunately. I tried to take a detail pic of the grip edges but the pic didn't turn out and the difference is difficult to see anyway. The way Interarms cut the grip panels makes it uncomfortable to shoot IMO and Hugh takes off the sharp edges and then recheckers the panels making the gun feel like a "real" Luger.

rhuff 06-17-2012 05:48 PM

What a beautiful display of your two Interarms Lugers. I bet that you get some attention when you take those out at the range. My 06/73 is serialed 30 before your lowest serial numbered gun. Also a 6in bbl. GT is making me a Mauser tubed, wood bottomed mag for my Mauser. He has already made me a mag for my 1921 DWM, that is real quality. Gerry told me that he had made some Alum. based mags for a customer, but, obviously, I didn't know who it was. You have to be very proud of those rigs, and glad to hear that they are functioning correctly. Thank you for posting the photos.

Edward Tinker 06-17-2012 06:31 PM

wow, that is excellent!

Augsburger 06-19-2012 12:42 PM

@ rhuff... a wood bottomed mag from GT on a Mauser tube would look awesome. Wish I had thought of that! Oh well, next time!

rhuff 06-19-2012 05:14 PM

It should arrive today or tomorrow....I am excited.

G.T. 06-24-2012 10:02 PM

Hey Rich! Not a bad idea....

I have been tossing around the idea of an eagle for many years, I like the Imperial eagle, also the american eagle, and even, wash my mouth out with soap...the Luftwaffe eagle... Hell, even the roman eagle was neat!.....;)... I'm not done yet! ...Best to all, til...lat'r....GT....:jumper:

Lugerdoc 06-28-2012 09:25 AM

WE et al, I do have new unused original 7.65 or 9mm Parabellum test targets available @$1 each, if desired. TH

Aaron 07-01-2012 02:04 PM

I'm happy to know my pistol resides in such deserving hands!