LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   1936 w/holster (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=5337)

Roadkill 09-05-2003 10:23 PM

1936 w/holster

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temNum=4884914

rk

Big Norm 09-08-2003 04:12 PM

It would have been nice to see more pictures without the glare. Why say anything about the mags if they don't match. I would have like the have seen the markings on the holster. But who cares...it was sold before the class of the luger world (Lugerforum members) had a chance at it.
Big Norm

Paul Stoufflet 09-09-2003 08:55 PM

Actually, it doesn't look like it is sold yet. While the price is $3250, the number of bids is zero. Perhaps one of you wealthy guys (or gals) can jump on it.

-Paul

Oh, it has been relisted, closing date 9/12.

Navy 09-09-2003 09:36 PM

The holster is far more interesting than the gun. It is absolutely not a Luftwaffe holster, nor a German Polezi issue. It looks like a late Dutch Naval strap and stud variety. Any thoughts out there? Jerry B, are you logged in?

Tom A.

lugerholsterrepair 09-09-2003 10:35 PM

Tom, I have seldom seen anything like this closure strap. I have seen it before but as I recall someone had taken a strap off of a double mag pouch and used that. I cannot find anything in any of my books that remotely resemble this type of closure. I will keep looking and see if I can come up with anything more deffinitave. Jerry Burney

Navy 09-09-2003 11:07 PM

Jerry,
I had a Dutch Navy several years ago that had been converted with a similar strap, but the edges were not rounded (Scaloped?) but were straight.
The strap on this one is interesting.
Tom A

lugerholsterrepair 09-10-2003 12:28 AM

Tom, Yes that is true. All of the Dutch holsters I have photo's of, the straps are straight. I have spent an hour looking through my books and nothing pops up like this....It's a mystery. So far. I agree with you though, it is certainly not a Krieghoff holster. While we are on that subject, you don't have a Krieghoff holster for sale do you? Thanks my Airborn Friend. Jerry Burney

RockinWR 09-10-2003 12:41 AM

All,
* Once held two examples and was told the pear shaped upstrap was indicative of an early 1st Var. Police Holster.
* Checking Pg. 174 of J. Still's Vol. V - Weimar & Early Nazi Lugers, an example is shown with the following caption: "The earliest new manufactured Weimar Era Police Luger holster lacked a strap restraining loop on the holster front and had a pear shaped strap. Shown are two styles of this early holster".
* Quick read of Pg. 159, same Vol. V, states all holsters after 1927 had the restraining loop for the upstrap. This, then, should pre-date 1927.
* Not particularly excited by the angle of the strap. Might be a weak hinge, how the holster was layed down or an original Maker's idiosyncracy; but, the brass stud stikes me as period correct for a Police. Here's where a hands on exam would quickly tell the tale.
* Trust this helps.
Cordually,
Bob

lugerholsterrepair 09-10-2003 12:04 PM

Bob, Great spot! You've got a great eye there kid! I was like you, thinking the top flap must be original from what I could see. This must be what it is, an early Police. The photo appears to indicate two lines of stitching holding on the closure strap. This wourd be correct.

Well, This goes to show you that you can learn something often if you keep your eyes and ears open! That's why I am a student, not an expert.

Thanks for the lesson Bob...Jerry Burney

RockinWR 09-10-2003 11:43 PM

Jerry,
* Thanks. Your comments are much appreciated. How does that old saying go?? "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while".
* Really, I'm standing on the tall shoulders of those who have gone before; namely, Don Hallock. Fortunately, Jan had a documented pic to validate the memory synapses.
* As far as the Pear shaped strap appearance; guess when I'm 75+ years old I'll be bent over, alligatored, and happy to be all together too.
* Be interesting to find out what "well marked inside the flap" markings OBilgr sees. Luft2??, Sunburst B??, Eat @ Joes??, Oh Well!!
Bob

Ron Wood 09-11-2003 12:29 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> guess when I'm 75+ years old I'll be bent over, alligatored, and happy to be all together too </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Perhaps pear shaped as well? :)