LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   New Collectors Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   New User and future Luger owner. (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=39669)

spyco 06-02-2019 02:51 PM

New User and future Luger owner.

Hi, I just put an old nickel plated Luger on layaway and I am curious as to what it is. I have had a hard time trying to find meaningful information on it. A good chunk of the markings are either plated over or I can't find. I am hoping the experts here can figure out what I am picking up.

Not so much on collecting since this is the first one. This one will be a shooter because the finish is plated and the barrel looks decent.

Only info I have on it right now is that it is marked 1910 on barrel hood, DWM on toggle, no last shot hold open, no stock lug, and a 7### C serial.

I do have a couple pictures, but they are blurry and mostly of the action and not of marks.

George Anderson 06-02-2019 04:12 PM

Are there any markings on the front grip strap?

spyco 06-02-2019 04:35 PM

No markings as far as I could tell.

mrerick 06-03-2019 08:25 AM

You may find useful information in our forum FAQ document. just follow the links at the top of every page.

Welcome to the forum.

DavidJayUden 06-03-2019 09:09 AM

It sounds like an interesting gun. Post some good photos when that becomes possible. Enjoy!
dju

Sergio Natali 06-03-2019 11:47 AM

I'm sure several of us would love to see better close-ups taken in the shade, natural lighting without flash.
A "shooter grade" would be a great first Luger to learn from, then in the meantime our FAQ will be excellent to learn the first steps.

spyco 06-03-2019 01:33 PM

Hardest part is going to be getting used to it's super strong recoil spring and having no BHO. I'll get some pictures in by the end of the week.

spyco 06-07-2019 10:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some pictures I took at the shop sorry about some of quality, did the best with what I could do at the shop.

All the parts appear to be matching, even the firing pin that I did not take a pic of. I did not find any other markings on the grip or barrel. As state before, no stock lug on the heel of the pistol.

Sergio Natali 06-08-2019 08:13 AM

Shoot the heck out of it, leave it as it is.
The pistol has no collector value whatsoever, so use it as some sort of "training ship" to disassembly and reassembly and learn its mechanism.

DonVoigt 06-08-2019 09:31 AM

"Everyone" needs at least one plated luger! ;)
I'm still looking for mine.

Welcome to the board. Enjoy shooting your new pistol.

By the way, no need to "x" out part of the serial number, it only irritates the members here and
accomplishes nothing. JMHO.

kurusu 06-08-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonVoigt (Post 325979)
"Everyone" needs at least one plated luger! ;)

I say.

Surely you jest.:D

Eugen 06-08-2019 02:30 PM

Welcome, spyco! It looks like you have a "shooter" grade Luger. Clean and lube it and let us know how it performs at the range. Do study the FAQ section to enhance your knowledge.

DonVoigt 06-08-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurusu (Post 325982)
I say.

Surely you jest.:D

No joke! How else can one get one of the high mukity muck's pistols? :D