LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   LugerMan Restoration Services (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=26058)

Germanpistolman 04-27-2011 08:02 AM

LugerMan Restoration Services

ANY COMMENTS? Eugene Golubtsov.

Has anybody else used the restoration services and experienced as longer delays and broken promises as I have? Any advice how to get the work I've already paid for done and sent back to me would be great.

This is my second attempt as the first lot of work sent to the Lugerman in March 2010 was incorrectly done the first time around! Returning it back to them in December 2010. I received the following email: Quote:

On 13/01/2011 4:10 AM, LugerMan@comcast.net wrote:
"I got the stock irons over the holiday. I will be working on it next week. Thanks".

On 03/03/2011 7:09 PM, LugerMan@comcast.net wrote:
"Hi, I will be sending it back next week. Thanks for waiting".

On 26/03/2011 12:15 PM, LugerMan@Comcast.net wrote:
"Sorry, About the delay, Got side tracked. I will finish it shortly and ship it to you. Thanks for waiting".

I am sure Eugene is a Great Guy, but business is built on reputation as well!

alanint 04-27-2011 08:12 AM

Lugerman is famous for these types of delays and broken promises. I'm surprised anybody still seeks him out for restorations, given his history, which is all over the net.

The best you can hope for at this point is to have your work done right and never use him again. There are too many other skilled people out there who are reliable.

Hugo Borchardt 04-27-2011 09:08 AM

I bought a couple of LugerMan's restorations in the past and though his work looks very good, he isn't always very responsive to questions. I've never had a restoration done myself.

sheepherder 04-27-2011 05:24 PM

Here is a link to junglejim's thread on Lugerman -

http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=21822

Germanpistolman 05-02-2011 02:36 AM

www.lugerman@comcast.com

I have read all the threads and thank you all for your reponse.

Charles M.R.

captcraig 05-11-2011 09:00 PM

Who is the best person to contact for restoration work?

DavidJayUden 05-11-2011 09:09 PM

Our very own Thor seems to be the best man for the job. Never dealt with him (yet) but from the pictures and posts he seems very hard to beat.
dju

Kitkat041836 05-11-2011 09:16 PM

The Best guy to do the work in the fastest time for the least
amount of money is Charles Danner.Call me and I will tell you how to contact him. My phone # is 1-(510)-523- 6682
Thanks George

hgreer2 05-11-2011 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
George just beat me to it. Thor is unreliable and expensive. Here is an American Eagle restored by Mr. Danner for less than $500 and returned in less than a month. Just for the record, if you own a John Martz gun, Charles Danner probably did it.

Harry

http://www.dannergunsmithing.com/page1.aspx

Ron Wood 05-12-2011 12:01 AM

Ted Green (Thor) does impeccable metal work and his rust blue is the result of much experimentation and comes as close to the original DWM and Swiss finish as any I have seen. Expensive is a relative term...with Ted you get what you pay for.

I have never personally handled a Danner restoration but judging by the photos his work looks very good. I would like to see some without all of the glare so that the edges and contours can be observed. As far as the color and quality of his blue work, that would be impossible to tell from pictures...regardless of how good they are.

cirelaw 05-12-2011 10:15 AM

For as long as Ive known him Ted aka Thor has performed with excellance. I would trust no other!

Kitkat041836 05-12-2011 11:24 AM

I had planed on sending my gun to Ted Green till he told me he could not do my gun in the 3 months time frame I was
hopeing for as he was back loged and he said he would need my gun and $450.00 to start with and would tell me
how much more once he got started on it.That when I went to Charles Danner. He did a impeccable job on the metal,
rust blue,straw and fire blue and did not want any money up front.
He did it in under 30 days and only charged me $435.00 that included shipping back to me. It would have cost me $850.00 plus shipping if I had used Ted Green and I would still be waiting for my gun. To me Charles Danner is the way to go. All I can say is you will be happy you used him.
Thanks George
P.S. Call me if you need his number.
My number is 1-(510)-523-6682

alanint 05-12-2011 12:21 PM

The fact that Ted Green was backlogged and Charles Danner wasn't might tell you something...

hgreer2 05-12-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanint (Post 194806)
The fact that Ted Green was backlogged and Charles Danner wasn't might tell you something...

Yeah, it tells me Mr. Danner has a good work ethic. I've had work done by several craftsmen from this sight and not one has asked for money up front. Can you say ponzi !

Harry

Ron Wood 05-12-2011 12:36 PM

Ponzi? Where in the heck does your mind wander off to?

hgreer2 05-12-2011 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Wood (Post 194787)
Ted Green (Thor) does impeccable metal work and his rust blue is the result of much experimentation and comes as close to the original DWM and Swiss finish as any I have seen. Expensive is a relative term...with Ted you get what you pay for.

I have never personally handled a Danner restoration but judging by the photos his work looks very good. I would like to see some without all of the glare so that the edges and contours can be observed. As far as the color and quality of his blue work, that would be impossible to tell from pictures...regardless of how good they are.

Here ya go Ron, one of Mr. Danners restorations, the picture should give you an idea of the sharp edges on the gun.

Harry

Ron Wood 05-12-2011 12:38 PM

Looks pretty darn good. Thanks!

tenbears 05-12-2011 12:40 PM

Somebody with the AKA lugerman has been selling Luger parts on Ebay recently probably the same guy mention here.

Kitkat041836 05-12-2011 12:41 PM

It tells me there are some that take on more work than they
can do in a fair amount of time.

Norme 05-12-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgreer2 (Post 194808)
Yeah, it tells me Mr. Danner has a good work ethic. I've had work done by several craftsmen from this sight and not one has asked for money up front. Can you say ponzi !

Harry

Harry, You have just made a serious, personal accusation against Mr. Green. Unless you can back it up, I think you owe him a public apology. Norm