LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Gun Show Announcements & Discussion (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Fun in Virginia (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=26661)

Ron Wood 08-04-2011 02:29 AM

Fun in Virginia

9 Attachment(s)
For the past few years before the Chantilly gun show, George Anderson has put together a super event that involves burning up a lot of ammo followed by a picnic and show/swap meet. It is always great fun and this year was no exception. Herman Kafura snapped a bunch of photos of the festivities and asked me to help post them here on the forum for your enjoyment. See if you can spot some familiar faces.:thumbup:

Ron Wood 08-04-2011 02:32 AM

10 Attachment(s)
More photos

Ron Wood 08-04-2011 02:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Still more :)

Edward Tinker 08-04-2011 04:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ron, I heard that somebody saw you shooting a big bore!

It made me realize how much I miss my close friends!

I would love to have sat down and talked about a few ideas and speculations I have had this last year with you, and many others.

A picture of me shooting a Reising 2 or 3 years ago, I loved it, shoots a 45 acp :)

I plan on being at the soonest Louisville, although I will be home in December and make the Allentown show.

Ed

Ice 08-04-2011 05:08 AM

Now that just looks like flat fun. Good guns, good friends, and good times. Wish we had something like that in Texas; none that I know of though. Thanks for posting the pics.

Charlie

George Anderson 08-04-2011 12:19 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Past years

mauro 08-04-2011 12:43 PM

Really nice Ron!
Thank you for sharing.

Mauro

Vlim 08-04-2011 02:53 PM

Very nice, looks like you guys all head a great time!

Lots of familiar faces, even some that have been spotted 'over here' ;)

hgreer2 08-04-2011 04:02 PM

I can even afford to hang around those guys........... :-)

Harry

George Anderson 08-04-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgreer2 (Post 199226)
I can even afford to hang around those guys........... :-)

Harry

The cost to hang around that crowd is comradery, good heart and friendship. Many there work their tails off every day at difficult or tedious jobs. Many worked twenty plus years to enjoy a little leisure.

hgreer2 08-04-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Anderson (Post 199228)
The cost to hang around that crowd is comradery, good heart and friendship. Many there work their tails off every day at difficult or tedious jobs. Many worked twenty plus years to enjoy a little leisure.

My reference was to the guns in their collections, I'm sure they are all gentleman.

Harry

George Anderson 08-04-2011 06:19 PM

Harry, probably the gun that most wowed everybody was a simple Jaeger 7.65mm auto that a fine gentleman from Pennsylvania shared with everyone. I know that it was purchased for an extremely modest price yet guys who spend many thousands on guns were awed by the piece. There is no snobbery among this crowd; we all open our beers the same way.

Conny 08-04-2011 07:31 PM

Ron,
In one photo, is that a stocked Tokarev?

Edward Tinker 08-05-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Anderson (Post 199231)
...There is no snobbery among this crowd; we all open our beers the same way.

wine coolers, when I go, you always have wine coolers for me :)

We'll have to figure out a place next summer to go to, maybe somewhere hot like arizona, in GT's backyard :)

Ed

snipershot1944 08-05-2011 06:57 AM

What a fun day. My favorite day of vacation this year. Thanks Geo for organizing the event.

abukafura 08-05-2011 10:32 AM

What hasn't been mentioned on this thread....until now....was George Anderson's super hospitality and organizational skills that made this an event to remember. George spared no effort when putting together this soire' and the fact that it was held in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley area, his backyard, made it even more special. This was simply a fantastic time. Thanks, George.

Douglas Jr. 08-05-2011 11:32 AM

Oh, man... I hope to able to be here someday. If invited, of course.
How I envy you, boys!
I saw some very rare birds over those tables.

lugerholsterrepair 08-05-2011 12:54 PM

What hasn't been mentioned on this thread....until now....was George Anderson's super hospitality and organizational skills that made this an event to remember.

I have been to several of these and Hermann is more than correct! George Is the consumate host..A true Southern Gentleman in every respect. There are some things that show up that would amaze you. Really worthwhile to attend for the comradery as well. I have been able to meet some very fine fellows at these shoots.

G.T. 08-05-2011 12:59 PM

WoW!

That looks like great fun! Looks like a great group! As I've mentioned before, the "Gatherings" we had down here in Phoenix were about as much fun as one could stand... and we never got to shoot anything..:eek:.... As for what I know about George, it had to be a "Top Notch" event, as he definitly knows how to, both enjoy life, and, do it up right at the same time... My hats off to all you fellows, you'll never regret attending one of these little get togethers.. You see stuff and learn things that aren't in the books yet... Nothing like a couple'of'hundred years of combined experience... What did you eat?? ... And, please put some names to the faces... Best to all, til...lat'r...GT:jumper:

George Anderson 08-05-2011 04:32 PM

Gerald, that would be me carrying the MP18 and TM Kasten. Out of respect for privacy we do not mention the names of the owners of any of the weapons.

We eat Bratwurst, Broetchen, Kartoffelsalat. We also consume some beer but never before the range is cleared and all ammunition secured. An off-duty deputy and weapons instructor from the sherriff's department runs the range and manages all shooting.