LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Krieghoff Luger (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=22943)

alvin 11-28-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom R (Post 169480)
What makes te Krieghoffs any better than say a mauser or hk?

I don't have a Krieghoff. But here is the story that I've heard so far:

(1) It's high quality. Krieghoff's parts are interexchangable. Not a big deal in CNC age, but it's not an easy task in that era. And, Mauser did not achieve parts interchangability until postwar;

(2) It's rare. Mauser made almost 1 million Lugers and Krieghoff made around 12,000. When many collectors competing for fewer guns, the price goes high;

(3) It's associated with Nazi Air Force. Nowadays, Nazi Navy and Air Force items are hot. Another example is Mauser 1934. Regular 1934 is a 3 digit item. But if it carries a M over Eagle, it's not a pocket pistol anymore. :) Market. Comercial Krieghoff is even more rare than military. Although it's not Nazi Air Force related, the production volume is low enough to support its high asking price. We seldomly see it.

(4) Collectors acquired them expansively, so it must go out expansively. No one wants to lose money.

"hk" is just another name for Krieghoff. There is a post war factory abbreviated "h&k" which has nothing to do with Krieghoff, but h&k also makes high quality small arms and it is more or less like Mauser of our era.

cirelaw 11-28-2009 03:02 PM

Alvin, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I look at Luger Collecting very different today. I started my luger collection maybe 7 years ago, with a 1906 Frenchy, a 1900 Test Luger, a 1920 Luger Carbine, a 1908 Navy, a 1913 Erfurt, a 1917 DWM Police, an undated sneak , and lastly I swear with my fingers crossed to Debbie, my Wife A 1937 Kreighoff that is my last. What is My Favorite, well I have no children but I guess my Lugers are my adopted children. You love them each in their own way! How Do You Feel?

cirelaw 11-28-2009 06:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I doesn't want to sound Snobby but they really look and feel better and all my others listed above. If you ever drove an older Jaguer, You will know what I mean. The only 2 that come close is the 1900 Test Luger and the 1920 Carbine, Im sure opinions would differ. Try to pick one up at a giunshow. Ill post them and take a look. One more thing, I've bought all me Lugers from Grandpa Ralph.

Tom R 12-02-2009 12:12 AM

Thank you much for the explanation. I just recently picked up my first luger after searching for twenty years off and on. I found a 1941 byf with matching numbers throughout and I'm proud as hell. See my Dad always wanted one and never got one before he passed it almost like another mission in life has been completed, made me feel good. I plan on taking it to the Veterans cemetary and showing it to him this week if it doesn't sound to weird to you guys

Ron Wood 12-02-2009 12:19 AM

Tom,
Tell Dad hi for me, one vet to another, and that you got a good gun. A 1941 byf was my first Luger too.

wlyon 12-02-2009 11:49 AM

Tom
Doesn't sound weird to me. From one vet to another tell him hello and thank him for his service. I think it's great that you think that much of your dad. My father was a ww1 vet and I still thank him and miss him. Nice luger enjoy and welcome to the forum. Bill

cirelaw 12-02-2009 12:04 PM

You Know, It doesnt matter which war or conflict, each of You committed a valuable part of your lives to the service or our sacred Country and for that reason each of us are eternally grateful~

Tom R 12-09-2009 04:09 AM

Semper Fi

jay Christensen 12-10-2009 05:55 PM

Krieghoff Luger

:surr: After much soul searching I have decided to sell my Dad's Luger. Considering the ground off stock lug, how much should I ask? I already have a $3,000. offer. I want to thank everybody on the forum for the help and information you have given me. Thanks again, Jay. :thumbup:

Madcow 04-03-2010 01:09 AM

I would be interested do you still have it?

George Anderson 02-02-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cirelaw (Post 313197)
Can someone post the Kriegoff Tables because i want to read what is written by some of the finest experts! #7932

Eric, you need to get Debbie to buy you a copy of Gibson's "The Krieghoff Parabellum". It lists all reported Krieghoffs at the time of his writing the book in 1980. Your 1937 is not listed but a couple that are numbered close to yours are.

cirelaw 02-02-2018 01:07 PM

Debby ordered the pretty blue book!! tks

Edward Tinker 02-02-2018 02:45 PM

Eric, first posting - updated 11/2015 by Tom Whiteman http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=18641

Tom used to keep up the listing and post it a couple of times a year. However after Pete Ebbink took it over (hostile takeover) - Tom quit publishing his listing to the forums.
Pete has a listing, on Jan's forum, if you ask for it I believe, rather than publicly sharing it.