LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Lugerforum Archive (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   buying a "shooter" (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=3605)

tom collins 04-29-2002 06:01 PM

buying a "shooter"

if i buy a "shooter" and it's described as "matched", what should i expect to get?

if a part has been replaced and restamped, does it still fall under the "matched" description?

Ron Wood 04-29-2002 06:29 PM

Absolutely not...it must be an original part

properly numbered

tom collins 04-29-2002 07:09 PM

should a big name dealer...

be able to notice if a side plate has been filed down and restamped? and if so, should he not inform the buyer or is the fact that it's only a "cheap" $700 shooter that doesn't deserve his time for closer examination be a good enough excuse for not mentioning it?

Lonnie Zimmerman 04-29-2002 08:32 PM

Re: should a big name dealer...

Of course he should tell you!!!!

Lonnie

Orv Reichert 04-29-2002 08:48 PM

"shooter"

You can bet your butt he examined it carefully when he was BUYING it!

tom 04-29-2002 09:24 PM

Hi Guys,

Its very simple. There is fraud involved if someone (the Big Name dealer) knew, or "presumptively" should have known...

You can make a case like this stick in court and several "big name dealers" have had successful suits against them.

FWIW,

Tom

Not a dealer but a collector

MikeP 04-29-2002 09:26 PM

Re: "shooter"

As I have said before-some of these guys and the "big boys" as well will shove these things as far up you as you are willing to take them.

If you call them on a problem they usually have a "gosh! guess I missed that one" reply and will take it back-if you pay postage.

Somebody said I should take it easy on large volume dealers because it is an honest mistake considering their volumns-I say that is sycophancy at its worst.

A crook is a crook no matter how many lugers he has for sale.

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:11 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT. NO EXCUSE OTHER THAN TO MAKE A BUCK!! WHEN HE OR SHE IS DONE COLLECTING YOUR MONEY IT'S "CAVEAT EMPTOR".

TIM

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:13 PM

Re: buying a "shooter"

ABSOLUTELY NOT! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS, I DON'T CARE WHO HE OR SHE IS!

TIM

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:15 PM

BUT HE OR SHE WON'T......AT LEAST UNTIL AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY....AND MABEY THEY WILL EVEN DENY IT'S WRONG AT ALL?

TIM

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:18 PM

IT'S FRAUD WITH ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. PLAIN, SIMPLE, AND WITHOUT ARGUEMENT. MONEY RETURNED PLUS INTEREST IS THE ONLY REMEDY.

TIM

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:20 PM

ORV, RIGHT ON TARGET. HE OR SHE MOST CERTAINLY WOULDN'T BUY IT FROM YOU AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE!!!!!!!

TIM

TIMOTHY CANNEY 04-30-2002 12:22 PM

I'VE HAD ONE SHOVED, BELIEVE ME IT HURTS!!!!!!!!

TIM

dobk 05-03-2002 07:04 AM

Re: buying a "shooter"

Just curious but has anyone bought a Luger from a "big name dealer" that turned out to be worth more than you paid due to them missing something. I would bet the mistakes in their favor against the mistakes in your favor are 99 to 1.