LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Holster Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Info Help on Holster Part 2 (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41081)

sdmark777 04-26-2021 06:55 PM

Info Help on Holster Part 2

7 Attachment(s)
I went to a gun shop today and adopted two orphaned Luger holsters. I am looking for any and all info you folks can provide as to period, etc. Any ballparks on value appreciated. They are a little rough, but complete and original. I am posting a part 1 and part 2 to avoid confusion.

Part 2: Brown finish, no maker stamps or unit markings.

Is this a WWI period Military holster? or Commercial? Then what time period? My knowledge of P08 holsters like this is limited.

Any help appreciated, Mark

Oh, the adoption fee was $40.00 I like it better than that pretty Pakistani one for $39.00 in the other thread.

gunnertwo 04-26-2021 07:39 PM

You did well-twice.

G2

spangy 04-26-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnertwo (Post 338540)
You did well-twice. G2

Again I am in FULL agreement with G2.

Well done sdmark777 :thumbup:

lugerholsterrepair 04-26-2021 08:02 PM

Is this a WWI period Military holster? or Commercial? Then what time period? The actual time period spans say 1908-1914-1926. Military issue Luger holsters were in general marked with a maker and date. An Officer purchase might have no markings like this one. It is not specifically commercial. It is made according to military specs of that era. A purely commercial Luger holster usually can be identified with a pin punch alongside the loading tool, a leather covered horseshoe shaped buckle and/or an added tube along the mag pouch for a cleaning rod..In most cases all three of these. There are variations.

Both of your holsters are in dire need of some lanolin on bendable surfaces at least.

This holster has had some modification to the inside top edge of the mag pouch..Likely to accomodate some other mag than a Luger.

spangy 04-26-2021 08:12 PM

Nice one Jerry ... I agree that it is a commercial holster ... one thing that lends credence is its color as most holsters for military were dyed black at some point in their life or at the very least a dark chocolate brown. The absence of ANY marks is also a dead giveaway. :) JMHO

Edward Tinker 04-26-2021 10:52 PM

Its a winner also - although I liked the other one better :) But you did very well.

Ed

sdmark777 04-27-2021 12:34 AM

I liked the other holster better myself. I asked what they wanted for the unpriced holsters. The clerk said, make an offer. I said I would go $40 for the other Part 1 thread Sanitats Kompanie holster. Clerk went to the manager and he said OK. Before I left, I asked if they would go $40 on this holster and I ended up walking out with both for $80.00. They had gotten some Lugers from a collection, 3 early 1900 American Eagles in great condition and a 1936 Krieghoff in very nice shape for $4,500.00. Sorry did not have time to get any pics.

Pistol 05-31-2021 05:08 PM

I think you did well. Where is this store? Would love to see photos of the pistols.

sdmark777 05-31-2021 07:10 PM

I posted pics on the 1936 Krieghoff already in its own thread. It was $4,500.00, but turns out someone neutered it by grinding off the stock lug. Did a nice job though. I did not get pics of their other lugers as I ran out of time and I won' be back that way anytime soon. The store is Southern California Gun, on Convoy St., San Diego, CA One of the bigger gun shops and they are one of the better shops for collectibles like Colts, Winchesters, Lugers, etc. They even got a pretty large civil war era collection about 2 years ago.

Pistol 05-31-2021 09:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Good to hear there are still gun shops in California.