LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Krieghoff Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   New production of Krieghoff (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=14637)

G.T. 05-30-2006 11:09 AM

new P.08

Hi Jerry... no crow has to be eaten by you here... Up until now, Mike Krause was the only one to get it right! One would have to be a bit leary of anyone who takes on making the Luger... Obiviously, they (Krieghoff) are able and willing, and made the necessary sacrifices in order to "do it right!" If the pictured gun is their production piece, then it's hats off and congratulations! I want one.. but then again, I want one of everything... :) :) Best to all, til...lat'r....GT

Steinar 05-30-2006 11:31 AM

No doubt.. it sure looks nice!
I would prefer wood grips and more # on it, but thats just details..

G.T. 05-30-2006 11:49 AM

new P.08

Hi Morgan, I noticed the lack of numbers also, I am undecided as to which way I like them best.. If you look at the pic's in the back of Costanzos WOL Proofmarks he has prints of a sanitized 1900 comm. They have a beauty all their own with out any stamps.. I like the krieg as pictured.. I still want one... :) best to you, til...lat'r....GT

G.T. 05-31-2006 12:23 AM

I also wonder if they had a couple hundred grip sets left over... they sure look like the original spare set I have... I wonder if they are phenolic like the originals?? ... til...lat'r...GT

John Sabato 05-31-2006 08:34 AM

Morgan can you identify where you sourced these photos for us? and are there any more? like the right side?

Boy, the fit of the grips, as with all the rest of the parts appears to be in the magic category... what amazing precision is shown in this example...

Steinar 05-31-2006 10:02 AM

John, the pictures was sent to me from mr Ralf M�¼ller, Krieghoff contact person. These where the pictures he send me, nothing of the right side.

Ron Wood 05-31-2006 10:41 AM

Now that is one "repro" I could live with! Too bad my bank account can't.

John Sabato 05-31-2006 11:29 AM

I just noticed that the magazine latch is not strawed, but blued ... is this common practice on KH pistols of olde?

mauro 05-31-2006 12:00 PM

Absolutely Nice!!

Vlim 05-31-2006 12:12 PM

Lovely,

Anyone got 10,500 Euros lying around that I can borrow?

hqbmw 05-31-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by John Sabato
I just noticed that the magazine latch is not strawed, but blued ... is this common practice on KH pistols of olde?
John,

On my Krieg (P 59) the magazine latch is strawed.

I am in agreement that this is a beautiful firearm, but the finite finish elements aren't of the quality of P 59. Look carefully at the finish of the breech block to center toggle connection, the radius of the connection is way off. The gun I have in my hand is flawless in the areas of connecting parts. For the price, I would expect more. JMHO

Jack Hiles
Mesa AZ

hqbmw 05-31-2006 02:00 PM

I am wondering why the two pictured guns are so far apart in serial numbering. Are they starting production with 12000 or 18000? Is there any rhyme or reason for this?

Jack Hiles
Mesa AZ

John Sabato 06-01-2006 07:39 AM

I do hope that Ig has also decided to stay since you are still using his photo as an avatar ... welcome back old friend...

policeluger 06-01-2006 08:28 AM

anchovey and prune vindaloo?? now I have not had good vindaloo since I was a boy....but prune and anchovey? seriously do you have a good recipe for a beef vindaloo as I would love it! the best to you, thanks.

hqbmw 06-01-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tacfoley
Look again, Mr Hiles - they are all the same 18000 serial numbered pistol.

tac, who decided that he'd better stay just in case anybody missed the British humour [and spellling].

My Bad! Old eyes playing tricks on me. The real reason I thought they were different has to do with the angle of the slot on the grip screw. It appears that the two screw slots are definitly ascue of each other.

Only reason I looked so hard was that even the angle of the tightened grip screw on P 59 is the same as the full side view of the Repro! I was scratching my head as to wether or not they had that close maching tolerances that the slots all come out in the same angle. The other picture appears to be quite different

Jack Hiles

mak 10-16-2006 07:52 PM

Krieg

I don't have a wife. But in order to afford one I need a better job or a nicer banker. It's always something.

I would predict to say that this will be a new and valuable variation on Krieg in a generation if the demand for the pistols is high on the front end.

Just my two cents.

MAK