LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   "Click.. Click..?... (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=20490)

Admin 11-20-2008 01:18 PM

"Click.. Click..?...

Hello - hello - is this thing on.. ;)

JD

John D. 11-20-2008 01:20 PM

Test reply to test post... :)

JD

Conny 11-20-2008 01:24 PM

Test reply to test the test reply. :)

John D. 11-20-2008 01:25 PM

YEA!!!!! :) It works (so far :eek: )

My thanks!!!

:cheers:

John

Steinar 11-20-2008 01:58 PM

Looking good John :)
Thanks!

John D. 11-20-2008 02:00 PM

My thanks Morgan..!!

I'm still working on the circuits - as you can probably tell - but... ;)

My thanks again!

John

John Sabato 11-20-2008 04:32 PM

Don't stop now old man... we're depending on you (as usual!)

John D. 11-20-2008 04:45 PM

HEH!!!!

The database integrated at 3AM this morning - so - since then and 9AM - I was working on it.. I figured - "Hey - I'll get this going before everyone wakes up".. ;) LOL!!!

Ed calls about 9:15 - and askes why he can't get on?? I dun'no - I "sez".. I can get on..!!!

The new server doesn't like the old routing tables.. What can I say??

Who would have figured my routing circuits would be the issue?? Fortunately - I can walk across the room - and hit them with a baseball bat.. :)

Anyway - THANKS JOHN!!!

:cheers:

John D.

Ron Wood 11-20-2008 04:47 PM

John.
Many thanks for a super upgrade and all of your hard work. A couple of quick questions/observations: Since there is now an "Attach Files" function when you use "ADD REPLY", I assume we still need the "upload photo" function to use the "Insert Image" function? Actually there are a heck of a lot of bells and whistles in this new format, a format-happy individual could go hog wild with their posts!

The other observation is that in the "Research Archives" section, you can only see the last posting in a topic unless you are savvy enough to go to topic heading then use the pull-down menu to select "From the beginning" to see the rest of the posts under the topic. Not all of the newbies may know to do that. Perhaps the posts should be more like "stickies" so that they all show up?

Again, thanks a million!!!

John D. 11-20-2008 04:53 PM

Hey Ron!!!

Great catches!!! My thanks!!!

OK - attachments are kind'a different..?? You can MOVE attachments within the post - and type around them.. Like:

Text...
"attach"....
Text...
"attach"....
Text...
"attach"....
Text...
"attach"....

Etc.. It's easiest in the PREVIEW POST window..??

Also - all attachments are automatically "re-sized" - and if they are BIG - you can click on them - and they will get larger (full size)... I wanted to do that as there is a lot of detail in pics that folks want us to see...

Anyway - all that happens when you "upload" the attachments...??

As well - I'm looking at hacking the Albums Pics to do the same - so hang on, OK???

As for the last post in the archives..?? Great catch as well!! I'll fix that in a bit, OK???

Ron - my thanks!

John D.

John Sabato 11-20-2008 05:04 PM

Couple more gotchas for your TO-DO LIST John D.

Some of the the links on the HTML pages will apparently have to be reworked... since they refer to non-existant locations now...

AND There is no link at the bottom of each page to get to the HOMEPAGE.

John D. 11-20-2008 05:16 PM

Ummm??? There are no HTML pages??? Or - there shouldn't be??? Can you pop me a link to a post (not in the archives or locked forums) that has one??

Also - link to the homepage..! Coming up in a few - !!!! ;)

Best to you John!

John

John D. 11-20-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. (Post 150930)
Also - link to the homepage..! Coming up in a few - !!!! ;)

All set..! Click on "Lugerforum"

Great catch John!!! (<---not me "John" - rather John S. ;) )

John (<---why do I feel like I'm talking to me?? ;)

John D. 11-20-2008 05:23 PM

And oh... I'm kicking myself for doing this upgrade.. DO YOU KNOW I HAVE 167 UNREAD PRIVATE MESSAGES????

Oh my goodness!!!! :eek:

JD

Edward Tinker 11-20-2008 08:44 PM

Its the same software I am already used to, so like kool bro ;)

Dwight Gruber 11-21-2008 04:40 PM

John,

I have only scratched the surface of this new Forum incarnation, it looks like a great upgrade! And it is very zippy, even on dialup...

I do have one question. With the new server, is it possible that uploaded images and files might now have an infinite life-span?

--Dwight

John D. 11-21-2008 05:01 PM

Hey Dwight!!

My thanks!! Actually - "yes" (well - maybe not "infinite" - as I will only live so long..??) ;) But - the Albums are part of the database - and it is NOT open to non-registered users (as it was before).. So - providing the database and systems move along (upgraded in the future) with the pace of technology, and the drives don't crash simultaneously??

Which reminds me - I need to install a back-up raid drive this weekend - so if I take this down for a few hours - it's just me, OK??

Best to you Dwight!!

John D.

mauro 11-21-2008 06:37 PM

Whow!
Impressive upgrade.
John thank you for your effort...

Cheers,
Mauro

A.Mifsin 11-22-2008 01:38 PM

Thank you John, great work. I am still exploring. One point I wish to mention it took me several attemps to log in, otherwise great new looks. Cheers. :-))
Alf

Lugerdoc 11-23-2008 12:08 PM

John, If you get this message, it will be the first time that I've been able to post. Please advise, Tom