LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   New Collectors Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Posting Pics (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=22994)

sheepherder 12-02-2009 10:05 PM

Posting Pics (Quick & Dirty How To)

5 Attachment(s)
It is requested that you post your pics directly to the LugerForum, not PhotoBucket, YouTube, TinyPic, SmugMug, or anyplace offsite. The reason is that those places frequently shuffle albums/pictures around, change URLs, or go out of business...and mostly, because our best Luger people are behind corporate firewalls that block YouTube, PhotoBucket, etc...So you will not get the best advice possible, because our best people won't see your pics... ;)

Here's a quick & dirty How To...

Locate the pic on your PC somewhere. Go to the Forum you wish to post the pics to. Find the "Forum Tools" button, click it, and click on the "Post A New Thread" in the drop-down box...Pic 1

Enter your text in the white box. Below that, click the "Additional Options/Attach Files/Manage Attachments" box...Pic 2

In the window that opens, click the "Browse" button and navigate to where you have the pic stored, and double-click on the pic. Now click the "Upload" button. In a few seconds, you should see that the pic has been uploaded ("Current Attachments")...Pics 3 and 4

Click the Close This Window button at the top of this pop-up window, go back to the text page, and click the "Submit New Thread" button...Pic 5

That's it!

Ice 12-03-2009 06:29 AM

This is very valuable info for those who haven't posted photos. It should be made a sticky! Thanks.

Charlie

sheepherder 03-27-2014 03:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two additions, as the newer smartphones & digi-cams take huge pictures...

The 'Manage Attachments' pop-up window has a key of maximum sizes of attachments, pic sizes are in pixels...[first pic]...If you try to attach a pic larger than shown in the key, vBulletin will attempt to 're-size' it...If you have a slow connection like I do, it will time out before the re-sized pic is uploaded and the upload will fail...

And, if your connection, like mine, is slow, it may take a while for the 'Current Attachment' script to appear...When it does, you can close that box and hit the 'Close This Window' button...[second pic]...

I don't have my egg-timer next to my PC, but I believe the time-out period is 3 minutes...

Chickenthief 03-04-2017 04:52 PM

When i started my first album it said that i have a max of 100 pics.
I have pics in 2 threads and have used 8 pics allready.
If 100 is the limit i'll go over in a mater of months, then what?

sheepherder 03-04-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenthief (Post 299735)
When i started my first album it said that i have a max of 100 pics.
I have pics in 2 threads and have used 8 pics allready.
If 100 is the limit i'll go over in a mater of months, then what?

Attach your photos directly to the thread. There is no practical limit to thread attachments.

WWII Luger 11-07-2020 06:56 AM

Thank you, this help immensely. I had no clue how to post the pix

JDGuns 08-31-2023 07:38 PM

posting pics

Good info.

I also read somewhere new members must make 2 posts before being allowed permission to upload pics.

New member here, we will see.

post#1