LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Early Lugers (1900-1906) (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   1900 Parts & Ideal Stock and Grips on eBay (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=31563)

ithacaartist 11-10-2013 01:47 AM

1900 Parts & Ideal Stock and Grips on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/marklav/m.ht...p2047675.l2562

mystical_tutor 11-11-2013 10:55 PM

Thanks for putting that up. I sure would lkie that stock to go on my 1900 but it will probably get way out of my price range.

Never heard of 10 shot mags before. Were those standard order items from DWM? Guess I have a lot to learn.

Gary

ithacaartist 11-12-2013 02:46 AM

Yes, makes me think the lister is Luger-deficient in his info. I see listings describing the capacities of all the different magazines for the Luger wannabes, and they're very often incorrect. It means the seller does not know the gun. Many sellers just part out guns to maximize their returns; some, I think, do only that. One shudders to think of the likelihood that collectible firearms are scrapped out for a buck and thrown to the corners of the eath...:mad::(:crying:

On the other hand, it's nice to find just the part you need, albeit a little expensive, on eBay or GunBroker. We hope they're all NOS, or came from a broken frame.:)

Edward Tinker 11-12-2013 08:46 AM

The guy is not very fair ;)

I asked him about a buy it now (before you posted this here) and he said, no I don't do that. So, then he listed all the other parts to a gun, the two I was interested in a receiver and toggle, he then dropped bids on it and did a buy it now. Now, I did not ask about those parts, but it irritated me.

Sergio Natali 11-12-2013 11:01 AM

Quite in a good state I would say.

I've got a 1900 DWM "American Eagle" with an Ideal Stock; I bought it last year, I'd never seen one before here in Italy.

ithacaartist 11-12-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luger.parabellum (Post 24397)
I've got a 1900 DWM "American Eagle" with an Ideal Stock; I bought it last year, I'd never seen one before here in Italy.

It would be interesting to be able to deduce more details of the travels your pistol and stock/holster must have made; first made in Germany, then sold in the U.S. (the U.S. made stock and grips added), finally winding up in Italy?

SteveM 11-12-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Tinker (Post 243971)
The guy is not very fair ;)

I asked him about a buy it now (before you posted this here) and he said, no I don't do that. So, then he listed all the other parts to a gun, the two I was interested in a receiver and toggle, he then dropped bids on it and did a buy it now. Now, I did not ask about those parts, but it irritated me.

I was watching those parts, wonder if the frame will be sold under the table?

aldo35 11-12-2013 09:27 PM

1900 ae

I asked him by email if he had the frame for sale. He responded that it was destroyed. I think he got some $500 for the barreled receiver and $500 for the toggles.
Aldo35

Sergio Natali 11-13-2013 05:15 AM

David (Ithacaartist)

In "Early Lugers Forum" on 7-19-2013 you'll see a thread on my rig; moreover you wrote an extremely interesting post too.

Sergio

saab-bob 11-14-2013 04:40 PM

Well the auction for that nice Ideal stock ended and someone got a pretty good deal.
Sigh,someday when my stars are in alignment,I will have one of those stocks.:crying:
The kinda strange thing is, the guy that won the grips didn't win the stock itself.:confused:
Bob

ithacaartist 11-15-2013 12:55 AM

I noticed that, too. The grips just sat there initially while the stock itself was already up to about $300. I can't understand the situation, as both lots were needed for a whole system. go figure... Are there that many extra pairs of grips out there?

sheepherder 11-15-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldo35 (Post 244007)
I asked him by email if he had the frame for sale. He responded that it was destroyed.

I noticed he had several 'parts kits' for various pistols, all minus the serialized component. In my state, 'destroying' them does not remove them from your inventory/possession; the serialized part must be turned in to the local police who will themselves destroy it. Usually by torch. You must provide proof of ownership (except during amnesty turn-ins) to have the weapon removed from records of your possession. It's a time (and now gas) consuming process entailing lots of driving around and waiting.

That's for registered pistols/long guns. This sounds like he is selling 'parts kits' from guns confiscated by the police...Perhaps from someone who died with no heirs (or heirs prohibited from handgun ownership) and it is easier to sell off 'parts kits' than to get an FFL and sell complete handguns...

Edward Tinker 11-15-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithacaartist (Post 244171)
I noticed that, too. The grips just sat there initially while the stock itself was already up to about $300. I can't understand the situation, as both lots were needed for a whole system. go figure... Are there that many extra pairs of grips out there?

I think more grips have made it than stocks. The stocks get the leather messed up and are easily separated from the gun, while the grips are attached.

I sold a pair of grips last year for $300 or slightly less. I had them here on the forum (no interest) and than on ebay, and they did not sell, finally sold them at Allentown gun show.

John Sabato 11-15-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepherder (Post 244191)
That's for registered pistols/long guns. This sounds like he is selling 'parts kits' from guns confiscated by the police...Perhaps from someone who died with no heirs (or heirs prohibited from handgun ownership) and it is easier to sell off 'parts kits' than to get an FFL and sell complete handguns...

In the early 1970's, I had a friend, who worked in the Safety Office of the Philadelphia Police department who dealt in such parts 'kits'... I remember purchasing at least two M1911A1 kits @ $35.00 each that included everything except the serialized frames which I sourced from Essex, Inc. I never questioned the sources of those parts kits... but I also never had any doubt about where they came from either. I have no problem with recycling the useable parts of guns obtained from criminals, while at the same time complying with the law about destruction of the original weapons.

I built one of those guns for a WW2 vet who had been an MP and always wanted a .45 to remember his service. The slide was made by Union Switch and Signal... (wish I had kept that one!).

gunbugs 11-15-2013 10:14 PM

It is totally illogical to destroy any weapon just because it was "used by a criminal". You are "punishing" an inanimate object. If you are doing that, you should seek help.

ithacaartist 11-16-2013 01:15 AM

Doug,

You are correct. Certain things are all in people's heads. Take Luger collecting, for example...

Sergio Natali 11-16-2013 02:47 PM

Doug

I agree with you 100%