LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Luger Accessories (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Police Luger tools markings (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=24504)

suum cuique 08-03-2010 05:23 PM

Police Luger tools markings

Gents, I have a question about Police Luger tools.
Is there a sticky or a list of markings available?
Did the Police had E63 marked tools, too?

Edward Tinker 08-03-2010 10:41 PM

No, but there will be a book out within the next 6 months on police lugers.

Eagle 63 was an army marking, why would they have eagle 63 tools?

that was a question more than anything, yes, its possible, but to be correct, probably not.

Does not mean that tools did not end up that way, I have a verified vet bring back (Se Mays story, Vet Bring Backs) and it came with either an eagle 655 or eagle 63 tool in a police hoslter. so...

Ed

Lugerdoc 08-04-2010 09:38 AM

Andy, I've seen many former military WaAed PO8 mag loading tools that ended up being numbered to Police lugers later on. No enhanced value over the comparable condition WaAed tool, unless inclued in a matching Police rig. TH

suum cuique 08-04-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Tinker (Post 181454)
No, but there will be a book out within the next 6 months on police lugers.

Eagle 63 was an army marking, why would they have eagle 63 tools?

that was a question more than anything, yes, its possible, but to be correct, probably not.

Does not mean that tools did not end up that way, I have a verified vet bring back (Se Mays story, Vet Bring Backs) and it came with either an eagle 655 or eagle 63 tool in a police hoslter. so...

Ed

Ed, I'm looking forward for the Police Lugers book.:thumbup:
Thanks,

suum cuique 08-04-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugerdoc (Post 181465)
Andy, I've seen many former military WaAed PO8 mag loading tools that ended up being numbered to Police lugers later on. No enhanced value over the comparable condition WaAed tool, unless inclued in a matching Police rig. TH

Tom, thanks for the info.

I thought maybe at the end of WWII when it was more difficult to properly supply the troops and police force, it was maybe possible that they issued to them what was available at this moment. Where did the tools get the markings? Still in the factory or at the Wehrmacht depot?

Edward Tinker 08-04-2010 01:09 PM

Remember the markings are not proof's, so they could have been marked at anytime they were "accepted" into service. My feeling is that the majority of tools were mae at each factory and accepted there, thus the same inspector stamps; i.e. Eagle 63, Eagle B, etc.

Ed

PS: Dwight and I are dilegently working on the book, and have finalized many chapters.

klaus 3338 08-23-2010 04:57 AM

Hi Andy
There are several orders for stamping tools for the police use. The first one is dated 1922, the next one 1932 but there were alterations between the dates. Accepted tools were stamped only in the Third Reich with an acceptance mark. Police unit marks are found on many tools.