LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Gun Show Announcements & Discussion (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Attended Local gun show (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=39146)

jeb111 12-01-2018 08:25 PM

Attended Local gun show

Went to a local gun show today, very small. I go cause well its a gun show. Found only one Luger. 1913 DWM military all visible #'s matched except for a period correct mag. IMO less than 50% blueing but no pitting. $3800 I said to the vendor "guess you don't want to sell this very bad?" He said to make an offer. I wasn't interested anyway in that particular pistol but said I didn't want to insult him with what I thought it was worth. He said "well that's what they go for now". I don't know... a guy has a right to ask what ever he wants I guess I lose patience when people aren't serious sellers. Oh well just venting, still fun to see the Luger and hone my knowledge. Did get a great deal on a kick ass silver Panzer Assault badge from one of the regular vendors who always treats me well.
Jim

jeb111 12-01-2018 08:43 PM

Oh forgot... the luger had a front bead sight that was put on by a blind gunsmith and u notch rear sight. No holster or any tool.

lugerholsterrepair 12-01-2018 08:48 PM

YIKES! Yes, The world is full of people with wild notions about Luger's.

Edward Tinker 12-01-2018 09:00 PM

There was a lady that set up at all the small local shows in the Lancaster / Philly area, she had a 1910 much like you describe and it was $2500 or $3000 - I thought surely it was equipped with grips of the ark's wood or perhaps at least silver bullets :)

lugerholsterrepair 12-01-2018 09:05 PM

I guess I lose patience when people aren't serious sellers. Well, he paid for the table. Might be some entertainment value in seeing the shocked faces as they see the price tag!

Lyn Islaub 12-04-2018 09:52 PM

I think it's more along the line that some vendors have little idea what these pistols are actually worth. You have to be a student of these pistols to have an idea of what they are worth. I just did the 3-day show in Phoenix and sold several pistols including 3 Lugers. A very clean (98%) 1940 Code 42 for $1750, a 41 dated Code 42 with a matching magazine for $2850 and a 90% 1900 for $2600. All were in premium condition and were the lowest priced lugers at the show. I sold mine, most of the other dealers kept theirs. It's all a matter of why did you set up in the first place? Are you selling or displaying?
Lyn

rolandtg 12-04-2018 11:44 PM

In my opinion a lot of small vendors just keep a Luger or two on the table just to get people to stop and look. They're not really interested in selling them.
Unless one day that one guy comes by and actually meets their ridiculous price.

There's a vendor I have seen frequently at local shows who always has a nickle-plated P-38 out on the table. It's an AC43 or 44, nothing special. His price was ~$1850. He knows it's not worth that much but it gets folks to stop and look.

Rick W. 12-05-2018 09:08 AM

I attended a local show in December of 2018..............I had just a wonderful time.