LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Gun Show Announcements & Discussion (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Upcoming Gun Shows (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=38644)

CAP Black 06-04-2018 11:39 AM

Upcoming Gun Shows

Are there any nice gun shows for Luger transactions in the near furure near Pittsburgh, Pa & Cleveland, Oh?
Thanks
Jack

Norme 06-04-2018 01:42 PM

Hi Jack,
If you can hold your home renovations until next year, the gun show for you is the "Show of Shows" held every February in Louisville, KY. Literally EVERY major Luger dealer and collector attends this show, including many of our most active forum members. You will be able to sell your gun for a fair price and get paid in cash if you prefer.
Norm

CAP Black 06-04-2018 02:12 PM

Thanks Norm.
I have heard lots about the Louisville show, over the years. I guess that is what I will aim for. That is just an awkward time, (winter weather, etc.) for me. But I think I can make it work.
Jack

DonVoigt 06-04-2018 02:40 PM

SOS has almost "too many" lugers and dealers, it will wear you out.
If selling, you can get wholesale price easy.
If you want to get near a resale price, go the online auction route. JMHO.

Any buyers at SOS know what they want, and will be looking for a bargain too; but it is a great place to see a lot of lugers and get some bargains.

If you are thinking about a table, there is a wait list, so joint and get your name on the list as soon as possible.

George Anderson 06-04-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAP Black (Post 316696)
Thanks Norm.
I have heard lots about the Louisville show, over the years. I guess that is what I will aim for. That is just an awkward time, (winter weather, etc.) for me. But I think I can make it work.
Jack

When I drove across West Virginia to the SOS this past Februaryfor the last show it was eighty degrees.

CAP Black 06-11-2018 09:30 AM

That was once in 100 years.
Jack

CAP Black 06-20-2018 10:19 AM

Anyone have a table for the Louisville show for February that they would like to share half of? This will be my first time going and I have applied to get on a waiting list for a table.
Thanks
Jack

Edward Tinker 06-20-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAP Black (Post 317045)
Anyone have a table for the Louisville show for February that they would like to share half of? This will be my first time going and I have applied to get on a waiting list for a table.
Thanks
Jack

For one table, I have always been able to get a table Jack, there and other shows.

CAP Black 06-21-2018 09:33 AM

Sounds good to me.
Thanks
Jack

CAP Black 06-25-2018 02:57 PM

What is a good way to have security on your weapons while at such a place (hotel and show)? They can't be left in a vehicle at night or day. Also during an event, how good is security? It wouldn't appear wise to have several on display at one time???
All ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Jack

Edward Tinker 06-25-2018 11:47 PM

take a glass, lockable case - get insurance

if its your first time doing it, you will be stressed at leaving your stuff - but there are tens of millions of dollars of guns all over - however, I have had items stolen from my tables (not a firearm)