LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Gun Show Announcements & Discussion (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Show of Shows - Louisville, Feb. 23-26 (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=36650)

spacecoast 02-08-2017 03:36 PM

Show of Shows - Louisville, Feb. 23-26

Just a reminder about the Show of Shows in Louisville in a couple of weeks. It will be my first and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you.

http://www.sosovms.com/Show_of_Shows/

I'm planning to bring as much (hopefully) interesting trade bait as I can cram into my carry-on.

Edward Tinker 02-08-2017 08:48 PM

I have a table, Dwight Gruber and Lyn Islaub will be at our table, then we'll join up with others and visit too. I plan on bringing some extra chairs, so we might be crowded but we'll be glad to share chair space, table space is used all up :). Unless I get lucky and i get the 2nd table i requested :D

Ed

PS: I brought a bag once, samsonite hard case, it had enough stuff in it for a table at the gun show at Louisville :)

Bill_in_VA 02-09-2017 07:16 AM

Ed, will the table be in your name? (To find you in the program/map.)

Eugen 02-22-2017 03:20 PM

Whoa, I have never been to such a show! How exciting. :jumper: I might just have try to make this one. Louisville is about 3-4 hours from my little house on the Illinois prairie. I'd sure like to meet some of the forum members as well.

mrerick 02-22-2017 08:32 PM

Everyone in Louisville have a great time!

We'll be listening to the crickets online until you come back with treasures and great stories!!!

Wish I could be with you... Marc

Eugen 02-24-2017 09:49 AM

No

Ed Tinker writing

Eugen 02-24-2017 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Enjoying the show and meeting Fritz and Karl :bowdown:

spacecoast 02-24-2017 01:29 PM

Been making a lot of great contacts here.

Eugen 02-25-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoast (Post 299255)
Been making a lot of great contacts here.

Same here! I also had the chance to meet Vlim and George Anderson from the forum, but regret not meeting you. Although I am sure we passed each other making our laps up and down the aisles. Geez, I think I must have walked 50 miles by the end of the day. Well, OK, maybe four miles. :rolleyes: Regardless of the miles, I was completely exhausted from the exciting experience.

I was also pleased to meet Charlie Justmann ("Checkpoint Charlie"), from whom I purchased a gun last year.

Edward Tinker 02-26-2017 12:29 AM

I hope Gerben (Vlim) wasn't there, cuz I missed seeing my friend!

Really enjoyed meeting a lot of folks, Eugene, Mark, many others, will write when not dead tired, literally got home 20 mins ago - 658 smiles I think :)

Vlim 02-26-2017 09:23 AM

I am pretty sure I wasnt there :)

Edward Tinker 02-26-2017 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
no names for now, but here is some pictures

show---

Edward Tinker 02-26-2017 09:33 AM

9 Attachment(s)
no names for now, but here is some pictures

show & tell ---

Eugen 02-26-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlim (Post 299308)
I am pretty sure I wasnt there :)

Must have been another Vlim or I got the names of all the folks I met messed up. OK, probably the later. Then again, maybe I was wishfully thinking I'd get a chance to meet you. :thumbup:

DonVoigt 02-26-2017 12:00 PM

Great show and really good to meet a lot of guys that I've "known" on the boards.

I fit right in with the old, ugly, and fat luger group!

Sold 2, bought 3- so "they" are still gaining on me! ;)

Eugen 02-26-2017 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The men, the myths, the legends......Huey and Dewey signing their book I bought from them. Having recently acquired a Weimar police reworked pistol I wanted to spend some time learning more about them. This book will get me on my journey.

rammercmc 02-26-2017 04:21 PM

curious, just went to a local gun show yesterday and as you entered big sign, NO PHOTOS.

This is the case at most shows here in Florida and it has been years since I attended one in a different state. No problem with this show ?

spacecoast 02-26-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

This is the case at most shows here in Florida and it has been years since I attended one in a different state. No problem with this show ?
No problem at all. I took lots of pictures (of guns).

Edward Tinker 02-28-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammercmc (Post 299352)
curious, just went to a local gun show yesterday and as you entered big sign, NO PHOTOS.

NO, there are signs and warnings at SOS against taking photos

I tried not to take pictures of people - which I am sure is a privacy issue and the reason for the signs and warnings. BTW - privacy law has stated that 'public' areas are fairly exempt from your picture being taken, however, being a çlosed event, I am sure that they could raise hell on pictures being public, so please use any photos from this thread as being considered private use only...