LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic & Other Firearms (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   apache arms .45 cal thompson semi-auto rifle (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=41594)

hayhugh 01-28-2022 06:13 AM

apache arms .45 cal thompson semi-auto rifle

Looking for any and all information on this gun...apache arms .45 cal thompson semi-auto rifle clone. Thank you.

looking

schutzen-jager 01-28-2022 08:12 AM

The "Apache" was an almost exact copy of the Spitfire semi-auto and SMG. Do a quick search for "Spitfire" on the web and some info will come up.

Open-bolt, semi auto, uses greasegun mags and a Thompson butt (fixed). Poorly designed trigger group, and some extractor/feed ramp issues.

Very easy to convert to full automatic......was not well liked by the ATF.

sheepherder 01-28-2022 10:19 AM

I saw that on ProxiBid and remember it from way back when...Ugly POS... :rolleyes:

hayhugh 01-28-2022 12:56 PM

sheepherder, did you own, shoot or are you commenting on the ad (Ugly POS) you saw?

sheepherder 01-28-2022 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hayhugh (Post 342878)
sheepherder, did you own, shoot or are you commenting on the ad (Ugly POS) you saw?

Esthetics only. I did have an acquaintance who bought one. He only had it a couple weeks. Unlike a real Thompson, it has many stamped parts. The same acquaintance also had a deactivated Thompson, and once you've seen and handled a Thompson, you won't want an Apache. Just IMHO. :)

Firing it, I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Is that your Apache? ;)

hayhugh 01-28-2022 02:40 PM

Is that your Apache? Yes - Thats her...

sheepherder 01-28-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayhugh (Post 342880)
Is that your Apache? Yes - Thats her...

Good luck on your sale! :thumbup:

I still think it's ugly... :p

hayhugh 01-28-2022 04:06 PM

As I said in my first post "Looking for any and all information on this gun.." Don't really care what you think about her looks.

sheepherder 01-28-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayhugh (Post 342883)
As I said in my first post "Looking for any and all information on this gun.."

The guys in Arizona might have some info -

Apache Arms of Tempe Arizona manufactured a .45 caliber semi auto rifle around 1968. Externally, it resembles the Spitfire or Volunteer series weapons of the same caliber. The Spitfire and Volunteer models used a tubular receiver, the Apache used a square type, closer resembling the Thompson. It also has a cast alloy muzzle attachment designed to give the appearance of a compensator but it has no operational merit. Internally, it differs radically from the Spitfire and Volunteer. It had a barrel length of 16.5" and an overall length of 37.5" and used a M3 30 round mag. Apache Arms later changed their name to Bowers Industries and moved to Mesa Arizona.

Quote:

Don't really care what you think about her looks.
You want to piss me off, you'll have to do better than that. :D