LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Sad day at the Lyon house (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=28213)

wlyon 04-27-2012 11:05 AM

Sad day at the Lyon house

I don't know why I am putting this on here. But many of you I consider friends even though we have never met. My second oldest daughter (50 ) died early this morning of a massive infection. She had just gone to the hospital yesterday, Apparently nothing they could do. She was a great one and would make any parent proud. If you have children cherish them and always let them know how you feel. Thanks for listening. Bill

aptech77 04-27-2012 11:08 AM

Sorry for your loss Bill, god speed.

Norme 04-27-2012 11:15 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, Bill. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a child. You have my heartfelt sympathy. Norm

b0xcrash 04-27-2012 11:45 AM

So sorry to hear of this Bill, and so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine. I have one son and he is 7 now. I should have passed away in 2007, but for you to out live your children...I am so very sorry to hear of this. I hope you and your family can find comfort and peace in your souls.

Vlim 04-27-2012 11:47 AM

Very sorry to hear this Bill. Lots of strength to you and your family.

TheRomanhistorian 04-27-2012 12:03 PM

I'm sorry to hear this Bill, you have my condolences and sympathy.

lew1 04-27-2012 12:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers sent.

Parents do not expect to outlive their children.

alanint 04-27-2012 12:30 PM

This is extremely sad news, Bill. Our thought and Prayers are with you and your family.

No Parent should have to endure the loss of a child.

Ron Wood 04-27-2012 12:42 PM

Oh Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Words fail me. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Ron

Neil Young 04-27-2012 01:31 PM

Sad to hear Bill. We are supposed to die before our children.

Neil

pitsword 04-27-2012 02:23 PM

Bill, God bless you. Our heartfelt sympathy to you and the family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I think it is a fine place to post this sadness, amoungst friends that care for each other.

Vince

newluger 04-27-2012 02:40 PM

I'm very sorry and sad to hear such news.

Peter

jussi16 04-27-2012 02:40 PM

So sorry for your loss. I know something about infections. Nearly died last year myself. Hang in there.

jussi

saab-bob 04-27-2012 03:11 PM

Many condolences on your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.
Bob

John Sabato 04-27-2012 03:24 PM

May God comfort you and your family in this tragic and terrible loss Bill. I will keep you in my prayers.

Shadowsix 04-27-2012 03:25 PM

My condolences on your loss!

I just lost my father two monthes ago and that was tough, I can't imagine (and don't want to) what it would be like to lose a child!

wlyon 04-27-2012 03:55 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope and pray none of you have to experience this. I thought I had a lot of hurt in my life. I didn't even know what hurt meant. Thanks friends Bill

mrerick 04-27-2012 04:07 PM

Bill,

My most heartfelt condolence. You are and will be in my thoughts as you and your family go through this. Our society doesn't prepare us well for this kind of loss...

I also lost a relative this way several years ago. I know it's sudden, and so unexpected.

Marc

Edward Tinker 04-27-2012 04:50 PM

Bill, my good friend, gosh, I am so sorry for your loss!

It is awful, i am just sick hearing of it and glad you posted it.

We share in your grief and Terry and my blessings and heartfelt love goes to you and your wife.....

Ed

JTD 04-27-2012 05:18 PM

Bill, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My best wishes to all of your family in these terrible times. John

Arizona Slim 04-27-2012 05:45 PM

Bill, I wish with all my heart that there was something I could say that might help in some very small way but of coarse there is not. I will pray for you and your family that the Lord will bring you through your grief a stronger person. I also have a Daughter nearly that age and after reading your post I called her just to remind her how much I love her. For a loving parent, to lose a child must be the worst pain imaginable. May God bless you and your family, Bill.

Lonnie

ripcord810 04-27-2012 06:04 PM

Bill, I am rathe new on here but would like to send my deepest sympathy. With 2 children of my own I can only imagine your loss. Will make sure to add you to our prayer list.

Patronen 04-27-2012 06:06 PM

Sorry to here of your loss. My best wishes to you.

Ron Smith 04-27-2012 06:30 PM

Bill, I'm very sorry, you have my deepest condolences. A terrible thing to endure.

All my best to You and Mary...

Ron

CAP Black 04-27-2012 07:25 PM

Bill:
My contact with you on the forum is that you are a good and considerate man. May God bless you and your family.
Your advice and opinions and judgements are good for all who listen.
Thanks
jack

BogeyB 04-27-2012 08:14 PM

Oh My God Bill! May God bless her heart! I am so sorry for you and your family.

Mike

goldwing 04-27-2012 09:08 PM

Bill, May God be with you and with your daughter. I have two sons over 50 and I can imagine how you feel Again, may god be with you. Bill Hughes

tx_oil 04-27-2012 09:25 PM

My prayers are with you and your family. Lean on God, He will give you strength in this time of sorrow.

FNorm 04-27-2012 10:02 PM

Bill,

So sorry to hear of your loss.

FN

Don M 04-27-2012 10:22 PM

Bill, may the Good Lord keep all of your family under his wings and ease the pain. I am so sorry.

mjanway 04-27-2012 10:28 PM

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

Bless you

Douglas Jr. 04-27-2012 10:39 PM

Oh God, Bill... as a father I can't even imagine the feel of such loss.
My condolences on your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Douglas

padredan 04-28-2012 01:47 AM

Mr Bill, you are our friend, and i too wish to join the other forum members in offering my heartfelt condolence to you and your family. As a military chaplian part of my duty is to comfort those who mourn, not that i am very good at it, but i try. Right now you must be in a place where you feel the pain of your loss and it seems overwhelming, but it is by grace that you will get through it. Untill i became a chaplain i never really understood the emotion of grief. Grief is a very powerfull emotion , because it is love not wanting to let go. My prayers are with you as well as your friends on the forum, let the love of God encompass you as you find peace and rest in his grace, if there is anything i may do for you and your family just let me know . Regards and much respect Padre Dan

ithacaartist 04-28-2012 08:51 AM

Bill,

I know how you feel about the friends we have not yet met aspect of our forum community because my feelings are similar. The sharing of your grief with us brings us all together to help as best we can. I hope you can extract some comfort from our feeble attempts in this time when all seems inconsolable.

You definitely have my condolences, but please also accept my thanks. This sharing has provided me, at least, with a valuable reminder: Tomorrow is promised to no one, so, for anyone who loves anybody (parents, children, friends)--Love 'em while we've got 'em and while we're here; and don't keep it a secret.

Peace be with you.

DP

Mike B 04-28-2012 11:13 AM

Bill,
The Lord has blessed me and my wife with three sons. In addition, we now have eight grandchildren. It is beyond my imagination what it is like to lose a child. I know words can never express our heart felt sorrow for you and your family. Hopefully you can find solace in the fact that she is in a better place and one day you and she will be united once again.
Mike[/B]

lugerholsterrepair 04-28-2012 11:35 AM

Bill..Just got in From Yuma..I am so sorry to hear of this. An unexpected tradgedy no one is prepared for. You have the benefit of Mary and she you. It must be hard to stay strong at a time like this but Ellie and I are thinking of you..Wishing it wasn't but it is. Please give Mary a hug for us..
Did your daughter have any children?
Love ya Brother...
Jerry & Ellie

wlyon 04-28-2012 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just received this picture and thought I would share - two daughters; Kathy is on the left. We have three daughters and two sons.

rhuff 04-28-2012 03:27 PM

Bill,

You have my deepest sympathy, and you and your family will be in my prayers. Life can be cruel, in our way of thinking. We just don't know the "big plan" of things.

ken d 04-28-2012 03:55 PM

Bill:

My sympathy in your loss and pain.

Ken D

John D. 04-28-2012 05:25 PM

I read this yesterday - and again - I'm at a loss for words... All I can say is, at this time in your loss, I hope you feel the embrace of God and all your friends. We, all of us - have you and your family in our hearts and prayers.

Sincerest condolences doesn't really cut it - in a time such as yours, Rather, better said...

From Jen and I, to you and yours....

We are so sorry...

If prayers have wings - then, angels carry our prayers... And today? There is a choir of angels singing the prayers sent to your daughter...

John D.