LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2003, 12:45 PM   #13
Rudy Nilo
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post

Hello,
This thread on barrels caught my eye. I've been thinking about doing something similar. Having a few donor rifle barrels to play with,I was going to see what could be done. As it turned out I took a chance on a barrel blank from Numrich. What I ordered was an unchambered 9mm Action Arms Uzi carbine blank,10 1/2 inch long at a cost of $18.50. The reason I mention this is the barrel looks like it would lend itself perfectly for a Luger barrel. At what would be the chamber end, the shank measures .704 diam. Approx 3" up is a .150 wide collar that is.918 diam. From the collar forward, the barrel is .680 diam. The last 3/4" at the muzzle end is stepped down to .625 diam. I don't know what the specs actually call for on an original Luger barrel but the spare I grabbed shows .705 diam over the threads. The collar/shoulder shows .865 diam. Chuck it up in a lathe,cut everything away that don't look like a Luger barrel and a barrel of close to 8.5 inches in length shows up. Threading,chambering,and the extractor notch would complete the project.
For those who have the equipment and the skill, and want to roll their own, these blanks might be good if not just for the practise. Compared to a straight rifled blank, a lot of the metal has already been removed. In case anyone would like to know, the item number for the blank is; 727440.
Rudy Nilo
Rudy Nilo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Lugerforum.com