View Single Post
Unread Today, 09:20 AM   #26
a65l
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Default

And the collection grows, but....

I was actually looking at a P38 in .30 Luger on G-B when I saw this. No box, no papers, etc, but sitting at starting bid of $1100 with a week to go, so I put the opening bid in. Shop said they would be glad to set a buy it now price of $1300, which seemed reasonable, but I decided to sit out the auction and see what happened. Well, I turned out to be the only bidder, and a couple of days later it was in my hands.

It's an Interarms Mauser, serial number puts it in the first year or so of production. It's in great shape, doesn't look like it was fired much... and I'll confess, I'm a real sucker for a long barreled Luger. The Swiss lineage is apparent, so it feels familiar. Who knows what the next one will be...

a65l is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to a65l for your post: