LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 09-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
IMBLITZVT
Banned

Default Is this a real German Inspection Mark? Waffenamt? Help! Do I have a Fake?

Hello,

I have been searching for some info and I think you guys may know the answer. Thanks for the great info and you have a very nice site!

This mark is on a machine gun part. Without telling you what machine gun part this is, can you tell me if its a fake mark or not? What does the number "10" mean? What are the possible years of production? Who is the Manufacturer? Any info on this would help. How large should the mark be? The body of the Eagle looks like it has an "L" inside the circle that makes up the breast of the bird.

I have reason to believe this might be a fake. Any websites that could help would be great too. Thanks!

Check this out... number 54. Now I just need to know the meaning of the "10"? and any other info you might be able to give me? Is this mark not correct for a machine gun part?

54. Krieghoff proofs, 1935-1939. The right proof is found on all parts
IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

Jimmy, welcome to the forum;

not sure why you wouldn't want to tell us which part it is from?

that said, Krieghoff did make many machine gun parts, although #54 doesn't look like any of the eagles in the pictures.

The 10 would be an inspector (inspector group)

I have no idea if it is fake or not. Why do you think it is fake?

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
IMBLITZVT
Banned

"not sure why you wouldn't want to tell us which part it is from?"

Well because that could cloud the judgment on the mark. The mark is the key. If you really "got" to know, PM me and I will send you a picture.

"that said, Krieghoff did make many machine gun parts, although #54 doesn't look like any of the eagles in the pictures. "

Huh? I know its a hand drawn mark, but its got the "L" in the body, wings, head double "x" for feet and a number. Now its not the same number buts its pretty close???

"The 10 would be an inspector (inspector group)"

Is there anyway to tell anything about this inspector group?

"I have no idea if it is fake or not. Why do you think it is fake?"

Well I got these pieces from france. Now another french guys is claiming the are repro. If they are repro, they are extremely well made... The only mark on them that might prove they are repros, is this one. If this mark does not make sense... then the whole group of parts are probably repros.

Thanks Ed for the help,
Matt
IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
Steinar
User

You may also want to ask your self why someone in France would go trough the effort of forging machinegun parts, and for what market?
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
davidkachel
User

Steinar, who's the kid?
Unread 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
davidkachel
User

Quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley
That, Sir, is the young Steinar.....don't you recognise him?

tac
Well I figured it probably was, judging by the age of the photograph and style of the clothes.
I guess when we smuggle you into the States we'll have to bring Steinar along too. He looks like he was definitely born in the wrong country.

That kid needs a horse under him and some cow**** on his boots.
Unread 09-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
davidkachel
User

Quote:
You mean to tell me that cowboys don't wear clothes like that in America these days?

Next thing you'll be telling me that you have electricity in every home!!

tac

tac, the joke's on you!

I have moved to far west Texas where the cowboys do in fact still wear similar clothes and where there are some homes that if not without electricity in fact, certainly look it in spirit!

I am in a town of 6000 (Alpine) in the middle of the west Texas desert where the next biggest town within 100 mile radius is only 8000 people and you have to go another 100 miles beyond that town to hit one of 100,000. 300- miles to an actual city (El Paso).

Almost all land is ranch land (except for two spectacular parks, one national and one state) and the vast majority of roads are dirt roads. There are bears, mountain lions, wild pigs, wild burros, skunks by the trainload and rattlesnakes by the bushel (I ran over two in one day a couple of weeks ago, both by accident.). There are Mexican drug and immigrant smugglers by the score (and US soldiers in camouflage sneaking around pretending they aren't there, looking for the aforementioned) and whole sections of ranches that are simply inaccessible except by horse during the rainy season (now). Not counting Alaska of course, there is in fact a reasonably good-sized little corner of America they forgot to ruin by civilizing it and I am happily sitting in the middle of it.

To quote from the movie The Wild Bunch; "It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do."

Now that I've told you, please keep it to yourself.
Unread 09-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #8
Steinar
User

Quote:
Originally posted by davidkachel
Steinar, who's the kid?

Yeah.. Tac's right, it's me as a younger cowboy than today!

Yup, I'm somewhat of a cowboy, and to prove it.. the reason for my late reply is that I have been out hunting since tuesday

For those interested.. The base for the hunt is an about 350 year old cabin in the mountains not far from the farm. Years ago, they brought all off their cattle, pigs, chickens++ and lived there trough out the summer. Tough life I would think, getting all that 'stuff' high up into the mountains and back again! Guess that's the reason many of them decided to emigrate to America instead, many of my relatives did just that..
The years before 'summer farm', it was actually a school, where the kids got their education every second day trough out the summer while living in the mountains. (Today kid's use spray cans, but back then they obviously used their knives to carve into the timber. It's the better alternative I think! ).
It's a place close to my heart, where I try to spend as much time as possible. Hunting, fishing, target shooting or just hiking..
Those sort of cowboy things

It's a bummer.. but I live Oslo, the capitol of Norway, 'thanks' to my work. So I'm only "home" every now and then.
Don't like the city life and Oslo as a city that much.. so I found an apartment as close to the forrest here as possible, it's actually more or less into the forrest, making the best of the situation until I return, some 4-5 years from now

Btw. I hope I get the chance to visit the US again soon, it's a beautiful country!
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
You mean to tell me that cowboys don't wear clothes like that in America these days?

Next thing you'll be telling me that you have electricity in every home!!

tac
Great, just great, now I have to find my picture of me about the same age as Steiner wearing the same type of clothes

David, I was just in El Paso last weekend, had a nice visit with Ron Wood

Ed
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #10
Steinar
User

Hey Ed, did you have the same mustage at that age?
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

no, I had a tractor, blue in color (the type you pedal) that the mailman gave me (someone had thrown it away).

Dad had a Model T, does that count ? (he sold it to get the down payment on the house they still live in)
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #12
Steinar
User

That hat I'm wearing, made out of felt.. didn't look at all that stylish after guarding the premises against indians one rainy day! And the caps didn't like the moisture much either..

So I would have traded my 'gear' for that blue tractor and a cup of cocoa if I had the chance Ed
Unread 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward Tinker
Great, just great, now I have to find my picture of me about the same age as Steiner wearing the same type of clothes
Ed
Attached Images

Unread 09-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
davidkachel
User

OK, you guys leave me no choice...

That's my official Wyatt Earp outfit. It said so on the box. Don't know why I wasn't wearing the guns that day, but I had 'em. Oops, the outfit had pin-striped pants and a hat too. Don't know where they were either. Maybe it was casual Friday at the OK corral that day.
Attached Images

Unread 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
zeke1312
User

Unfortunately in the USA today, parents who allowed their little kids to "handle guns" would be jailed for "child abuse"! Wait until the Democrats get in the White House!
zeke1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #16
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,171 Posts

Thought I'd join:

Checking out cars and guns. Nothing changed, really, except for the jammies perhaps.

Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 05:57 AM   #17
Steinar
User

Quote:
Originally posted by G. van Vlimmeren
Thought I'd join:

Checking out cars and guns. Nothing changed, really, except for the jammies perhaps.
haha.. never thought of it before, but I guess non of us Luger collectors where into dolls

That is one neat fire truck Gerben! ..that squirrel to the right, I know I have seen it before, just can't remember where