LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
JYogi
User

Default What do I have????

OK
I have a Mauser/Luger?
It has the wood grips, wood bumpers on the mag.
I guess it is a .380? 9 mm rounds are too long by a tad to fit into the magazine.

On the bottom of the lower right below the barrel it says 646* Germany with some little squiggle below it.
The matching serial # is on the bottom of the barrel. Above the trigger on the safety side and next to it on the slide release is the #6* (the last two #'s of the serial #)

Just behing the barrel, above the release lever is a "N" with a crown above it

On the umm top of the gun, the sliding action (I dont know what to properly call it but the part you use to chamber your first round) there is a squiggly design. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

There is what would appear to be a loop of sorts on the back of the frame.

It looks like the ones from the pic thread labled Krieghoff? and it says GESICHERT on the top safety positon. Also it seems to have something on the bottom part of the frame/grip the middle of it kinda sticks out...Do I need to post a pic or is this pretty obvious what I have?

Are there any other markings I should look for?
Can someone tell me what it is I have, what the value may be? How I may find out the history of it if any at all? It looks like everything is orignal and it is in pretty nice condition.

Some place better to ask these questions?

Thank you!!!
JYogi is offline   Reply With Quote