View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
Steinar
User

Quote:
Originally posted by davidkachel
Steinar, who's the kid?

Yeah.. Tac's right, it's me as a younger cowboy than today!

Yup, I'm somewhat of a cowboy, and to prove it.. the reason for my late reply is that I have been out hunting since tuesday

For those interested.. The base for the hunt is an about 350 year old cabin in the mountains not far from the farm. Years ago, they brought all off their cattle, pigs, chickens++ and lived there trough out the summer. Tough life I would think, getting all that 'stuff' high up into the mountains and back again! Guess that's the reason many of them decided to emigrate to America instead, many of my relatives did just that..
The years before 'summer farm', it was actually a school, where the kids got their education every second day trough out the summer while living in the mountains. (Today kid's use spray cans, but back then they obviously used their knives to carve into the timber. It's the better alternative I think! ).
It's a place close to my heart, where I try to spend as much time as possible. Hunting, fishing, target shooting or just hiking..
Those sort of cowboy things

It's a bummer.. but I live Oslo, the capitol of Norway, 'thanks' to my work. So I'm only "home" every now and then.
Don't like the city life and Oslo as a city that much.. so I found an apartment as close to the forrest here as possible, it's actually more or less into the forrest, making the best of the situation until I return, some 4-5 years from now

Btw. I hope I get the chance to visit the US again soon, it's a beautiful country!